• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekend in Denver, CO

think I am going to Denver for a few days at the end of may with wife and kiddo (just under 2). Staying at the grand hyatt downtown, any recommendations for the fam, both food and sites?

think I am going to Denver for a few days at the end of may with wife and kiddo (just under 2). Staying at the grand hyatt downtown, any recommendations for the fam, both food and sites?

Smoke weed everyday.

Go 285 to 9 to Breck for lunch and then back over Loveland Pass to Denver. (Mountain)

Go to River North (RiNo) neighborhood for food and ambience of hip Denver. (Eclectic)

Go to Pearl St in Boulder for shopping. (Crunchy vibes)

Go to Flatiron's Vista Trail in Broomfield for easy hike. (Easy hike/good view)

Last edited:
how about parking? Thinking about renting a car but would ideally not pay $50 a night for parking at the hotel. Are there other garages in the area? Would uber everywhere but lugging a car seat around doesn't seem like much fun.

how about parking? Thinking about renting a car but would ideally not pay $50 a night for parking at the hotel. Are there other garages in the area? Would uber everywhere but lugging a car seat around doesn't seem like much fun.

Parking is super easy in Denver. Just read the street sweeping signs closely. Do the car with the car seat

Bump because I'll be in Denver this time tomorrow (going to Rockies game and Broncos game, heading back early Wednesday)
I already bookmarked many of the places mentioned earlier in this thread but wanted to check if there's anything new in the last two years I need to check out.

I'll be in Denver for 5 days later this month so I'm glad for this bump.

Hmmmmm

Bump because I'll be in Denver this time tomorrow (going to Rockies game and Broncos game, heading back early Wednesday)
I already bookmarked many of the places mentioned earlier in this thread but wanted to check if there's anything new in the last two years I need to check out.

Safta opened up fairy recently. Owner, Alon Shaya, has won a James Beard award for his former restaurant in New Orleans. Place is in the Source Hotel close to Crooked Stave Brewing. Highly recommend especially if you like Mediterranean food.

You might want to check Hearth & Dram, Seven Grand, and American Bonded for their whisky selections.

I'll have to check those out. We're staying right on the border of RiNo and Cole (if that's in fact a neighborhood and not just something that google maps calls one). But it looks like there's a lot of good stuff in RiNo along Larimer and nearby streets.

Back