• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekend in Denver, CO

discdude

Lampin in the cut
Reaction score
So my wife and I are traveling to Denver, CO in two weekends. We are considering transplanting there if I can find a teaching gig. She has never been, and I have spent most of my time in the mountains when I head out that way. What are your recommendations for places or things to do? We are in our mid-twenties with no kids. Are there breweries, bars, restaurants, places to go, et cetera that you would consider musts to get a feel for the city? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Last edited:
So my wife and I are traveling to Denver in two weekends. We are considering transplanting there if I can find a teaching gig. She has never been, and I have spent most of my time in the mountains when I head out that way. What are your recommendations for places or things to do? We are in our mid-twenties with no kids. Are there breweries, bars, restaurants, places to go, et cetera that you would consider musts to get a feel for the city? Thanks in advance for the advice.

what is your style? i think the 'hip' area of town is Highland; lots of walkability. Washington Park area is also pretty nice but less downtown... more suburban. i went to the denver biscuit company on east colfax and thought that street/area kind of had a neat vibe, might be somewhere to walk to get a feel for things. similarly, kind of around hirshorn park/central street up in highland.

this opinion is based on my two visits to denver and where my 27-28yr old friends live.
good luck and have fun!

The Edge restaurant in the Four Seasons; best restaurant I've been to in 10 years--anywhere

I'm a big fan of Rioja, it is in a pretty fun area downtown. If it is nice outside, you should grab some lunch and have a picnic in Washington Park.

Bumping this thread, as I'll be in Denver for a week starting Tuesday. Any further tips, recs, etc., for things to eat, see, do, drink, etc., would be great.

Also thinking about hitting up Rocky Mountain National Park for a day if the weather cooperates. Anyone have experience with that?

I've checked out this thread, too, FYI. Probably eating at Rioja on Friday.

Last edited:
on occasion, but that's probably not on the agenda for the week. I live in norcal, so it's not a big deal

Never been to Colorado, so I'm looking for unique Colorado stuff to see and do

Bumping this thread, as I'll be in Denver for a week starting Tuesday. Any further tips, recs, etc., for things to eat, see, do, drink, etc., would be great.

Also thinking about hitting up Rocky Mountain National Park for a day if the weather cooperates. Anyone have experience with that?

I've checked out this thread, too, FYI. Probably eating at Rioja on Friday.

I was in RMNP last year. It's awesome. You can drive to the top of a 14,000 mountain. Look at all kinds of horned mammalian wildlife, etc.

I was in RMNP last year. It's awesome. You can drive to the top of a 14,000 mountain. Look at all kinds of horned mammalian wildlife, etc.

My biggest concern is the weather. Also we'll have some shitty rental car no doubt. That main alpine road that cuts through RMNP is usually closed through Memorial Day, so I'm not sure how deep into the park we'll be able to get. We'll probably still head out there to see what we can see of the Rockies.

Denver biscuit company was dank. Took a bunch of Winston folk and they dug it. Washington Park would be a sweet place for yall to live. Definitely try to see a rockies game. Really cool stadium and experiece bc theres tons of restaurants and bars around Mile High.

Yeah, I think the Rockies might be out. It's opening weekend for them next weekend, so I'm assuming it'll be a tough ticket, plus the timing isn't right for our schedule. I will almost definitely be at the Nuggets game on Wednesday night, though. Lowers are like $20.

Will check out Washington Park and Denver Biscuit Co., though.

Yeah, I think the Rockies might be out. It's opening weekend for them next weekend, so I'm assuming it'll be a tough ticket, plus the timing isn't right for our schedule. I will almost definitely be at the Nuggets game on Wednesday night, though. Lowers are like $20.

Will check out Washington Park and Denver Biscuit Co., though.

<3
They make one that has fried chicken with stone ground mustard, pickles, and honey on it. it is amazing and you should get it.

I had a blast in Denver. I would reccomend hitting up Snooze for brunch. It's a wait, but they have free coffee and nice outside heated sitting area. Take some time to just walk the city, it is nice and open. If you are into sours, you have to check out Crooked Stave on Broadway. It is in this dope industrial building called The Source. Finally, if you have time you should make a quick jaunt up to Boulder. I reccomend checking out the Biergarten.

Last edited:
Sweet, will add all these to the list. Keep those "reccos" coming!

Just looked up the Beirhouse. Looks really cool. Weird thing though happened while I was looking at it. I realized its in Littleton. Which made me think of Columbine. Which started freaking me out.

Just head to the Lodo District downtown. There are great restaurants for days and plenty of entertainment!

Back