• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My case for hiring Steve Wojciechowski as the next Wake bball coach

7) The Future. In 2020, Roy Williams, Coach K, Boeheim, & Pitino will be gone. We would have the senior statesman of the league with the most credibility and he would be 43 years old.

Well, he got one of those right.

But it isn't like Pitino retired.

Life & time have a way of determining the winners & losers in this world. There are scoreboards out there that determine who made the right & wrong business decisions.

Wojo would have taken our job. He was ripe for the pickings and would have won and won for a long-time. We missed out.

Life and time had a way of determining that this prediction was dead-ass wrong.

it's notable to me that many of DR's preferred candidates -- Pat Kelsey, Wojo, Wes Miller -- are diminutive WASPy types like himself

Totally forgot about this thread. I hate Wojo and am glad he was canned. Thought he might be in trouble when the Hausers transferred.

it's notable to me that many of DR's preferred candidates -- Pat Kelsey, Wojo, Wes Miller -- are diminutive WASPy types like himself

What's more troubling is the consistent preference for dook or unc alums. if they're any good, they'll go back to mama and take the alma mater job.

DR thinks he's the smartest guy in the room but is wrong just as often as he's right.

We all agree that Kelsey and Miller are good coaches. We all agree that an on campus arena would be nice.

I happen to think Forbes has a better resume than Wes and will ultimately have more success and the P5 level. I guess time will tell...?

I award DR 100 points for having the balls to propose Wojo as the guy for our head coach who would have amazing success. However I deduct 75 points for being unequivocally wrong.

Don't know why we're laughing at DR. Wojo would've been better than Manning.

Huh? “We” didn’t choose Manning. Picking someone who can outperform a Wellman bball hire isn’t hard.

Wojo would have been a great hire for the Deacs for all the reasons I explained well. Of course, the better choice was always Wes.

My thoughts on these subjects are just mine. Many of you had thoughts too. There's a reason my opinions ended up bothering folks.

Wojo would have been a great hire for the Deacs for all the reasons I explained well. Of course, the better choice was always Wes.

My thoughts on these subjects are just mine. Many of you had thoughts too. There's a reason my opinions ended up bothering folks.

Because you’re an insufferable douche

Back