Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 261

Thread: My case for hiring Steve Wojciechowski as the next Wake bball coach

  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    Because you’re an insufferable douche
    Exactly right. The Wake Forest community wants those who go along, get along, & don't rock the boat. Mediocrity is acceptable. Don't be a douche and try and change things. Only Duke and UNC folks are relentless douches.

    At Wake, we are just supposed to wear nice sweaters and keep our mouth shut. The Civic center we play in is just fine. The old or dumb coaches we hire are great. Don't do anything Duke or UNC does. It won't work. Sweet 16 is right around the corner. Hey, we had some great players come through here. It doesn't matter that they lost too. They are really good Phoenix Suns. So hush it and stop being a douche.

  2. #202
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116

  3. #203
    not sure how you can talk shit about the sweater set (they deserve it) while having “class” as one of your coaching criteria

  4. #204
    Love to make a case, be proven wrong by history, and then come back and say “wow sorry for caring you dumb hogs”

    Truly one of the privileges of online

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Yeah, that AD who hired Prosser was way better.
    biff goes to bat for wellman as much as any poster on here

    makes you wonder

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by donaldross View Post
    Exactly right. The Wake Forest community wants those who go along, get along, & don't rock the boat. Mediocrity is acceptable. Don't be a douche and try and change things. Only Duke and UNC folks are relentless douches.

    At Wake, we are just supposed to wear nice sweaters and keep our mouth shut. The Civic center we play in is just fine. The old or dumb coaches we hire are great. Don't do anything Duke or UNC does. It won't work. Sweet 16 is right around the corner. Hey, we had some great players come through here. It doesn't matter that they lost too. They are really good Phoenix Suns. So hush it and stop being a douche.
    The son of a guy whose name adorns a building on campus would be fawned over by that sweater wearing shut mouth set. Same people are probably a little scared of our current loudmouth coach who wants to change things.

  7. #207
    You made your case and you lost, counselor. Life has a scoreboard.
    Let’s get this done!

  8. #208
    This entire idea was dumb. No way you bring a guy like Wojo to Wake. If you said Dawkins or Amaker ok, decent guys not the over the top dookie Wojo was. There are a lot of coaches in the country you could bring in, in theory, that would do well at Wake but that doesn't mean we should hire them. I'm sure Calipari would do well but who would sign up for that? Wes Miller is a debate over if he could handle the ACC, don't care if he went to UNC, not like he was some jerk on the team like Wojo.

    The facts of life are that there are just some people you can't touch based on your values or situation. It would be like saying we should bring in the form Baylor coach, sure he would have done well but you can't touch him, certainly not at an institution that has some principles no matter how much you want to win.

  9. #209

  10. #210
    Wojo took Marquette to 2 of the last 3 ncaa tournaments. That would have really sucked for Wake to endure. And, lest we forget, a lot of the reasons Wojo would thrive at Wake weren't present at Marquette.

    Wojo had a small run there. Big mistake by Marquette. We will see what comes of him.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobacco Road View Post
    You made your case and you lost, counselor. Life has a scoreboard.
    Good stuff here

  12. #212
    Wojo's predecessor at Marquette made the NCAA Tournament 5 of his 6 seasons at the school with 2 Sweet 16s and an Elite 8. Wojo made the Tournament 2 of his 6 years at the school (excluding last year's cancelled tournament) with first round exits both times.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by donaldross View Post
    Wojo took Marquette to 2 of the last 3 ncaa tournaments. That would have really sucked for Wake to endure. And, lest we forget, a lot of the reasons Wojo would thrive at Wake weren't present at Marquette.

    Wojo had a small run there. Big mistake by Marquette. We will see what comes of him.
    Wake has done that plenty of times prior to Bz and under your metric that’s 100 years of loser talk

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Don't know why we're laughing at DR. Wojo would've been better than Manning.
    yeah, but manning wasn't really on anyone's radar. it was shaka and some others I can't think of right now.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    The son of a guy whose name adorns a building on campus would be fawned over by that sweater wearing shut mouth set. Same people are probably a little scared of our current loudmouth coach who wants to change things.
    I love our big rowdy redneck coach and can't wait for him to buy celebratory jet-skis for the family when he wins the ACC

  16. #216

  17. #217
    I'm not saying we should've hired Wojo. For all the reasons people have mentioned, we shouldn't have. But I am saying he would've been a better choice than Manning, both in retrospect and at the time the hire was made.

    But the bed is made now, and I'm glad we have Forbes as a result of Manning's failures.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    I'm not saying we should've hired Wojo. For all the reasons people have mentioned, we shouldn't have. But I am saying he would've been a better choice than Manning, both in retrospect and at the time the hire was made.

    But the bed is made now, and I'm glad we have Forbes as a result of Manning's failures.
    Well a large rock would have been a better choice as well.

  19. #219
    We can keep hiring humans as our head coach like we’ve done for a hundred years or we could hire a large rock and be set for a millennia. Maybe longer, pending erosion.
    Let’s get this done!

  20. #220
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobacco Road View Post
    We can keep hiring humans as our head coach like we’ve done for a hundred years or we could hire a large rock and be set for a millennia. Maybe longer, pending erosion.
    I have to remember to rep this later.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •