Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: My case for hiring Steve Wojciechowski as the next Wake bball coach

No wojo. NEVER. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Wojo is capable of coaching an ACC team. None whatsoever. If we were selecting a former player who serves as an assistant, I'd rather have Chill. And trust me, I don't want Chill to coach our team.

I stand corrected, sir. My apologies.

While in law school at Duke, your tales of flying to Kansas and other places to see basketball games, your trips to the Masters, and your alleged insider info led me to believe otherwise.
    Courage can be purchased at yon' tavern!

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    Hubert Davis? Tommy Amaker? What is this nonsense? You're talking about 2 of the top 3 college programs in history. They will hire coaches who have won very big at high major schools.
    Maybe. Big time programs tend to really want keep things in the family. See Uconn and Syracuse.

The concern on Wojo is no head coaching experience but it would be a splash hire in ACC country. I've got to think he's got good relationships with HS coaches in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ball State Deac View Post
    The concern on Wojo is no head coaching experience but it would be a splash hire in ACC country. I've got to think he's got good relationships with HS coaches in the area.
    There is no assistant in the country that we could hire that would be "a splash hire in ACC country". Coach K's assistants have a pretty mediocre track record as head coaches.

Speaking of former Duke PGs, Jason Williams told me he 100% was not going to be our next head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoneydeac View Post
    Speaking of former Duke PGs, Jason Williams told me he 100% was not going to be our next head coach.
    But isn't that due to our motorcycle?

Didn't need to get past the title of this thread to say..........NO
    boorish ruffian

Rusty Larue
    Why even discuss? Wellman won't hire someone without HC experience. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by wfumike02 View Post
    DR, what makes you think Wojo will be so successful when so many of K's formers players/assistants have failed? What makes him different?
    Any answer to this?

He is smarter. He doesn't do cocaine like Quin. He isn't the hot head Collins is. He isn't the socially awkward guy Dawkins is. His intensity is real & he did it in the ESPN generation. He commands a press conference better than anyone. He is in great shape & ready to go. He has 20 years now under K's tutelage.

Against: he slaps the court

God damned weak gened gingers!!!

The orange turd on the bottom of the white race's Bucks!!

Christ some people seem to really hate having gone to Wake. Well, at least they got to make up for it in grad school.

Last edited by Turd Ferguson; 03-10-2014 at 10:06 AM.

I'd rather keep Buzz. He may be an awful coach and a real jerk, but he's no Wojo.

Quote Originally Posted by SC DEAC View Post
    Damn you [name redacted], you are so fucking bad at coaching that you have made a bunch of wake fans want wojo. Unreal.
    This. I hated the bastard as a player, but I'd take him over [name redacted] and would probably take him over whatever loser Wellman is getting ready to hire like Bobby Lutz.

Quote Originally Posted by TBDeac View Post
    Maybe. Big time programs tend to really want keep things in the family. See Uconn and Syracuse.
    if Carolina hasn't learned then their lesson about keeping it in the family after the Doherty fiasco then shame on them. (and hooray for everyone else)

There isn't another Roy Williams out there right now.

I get the impression you fools think that Wake winning last week was coincidence. And that Wojo running (and winning) that press conference was coincidence. Hardly.

I put this chain of events into motion long ago. Well, me and the janitor at Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    This. I hated the bastard as a player, but I'd take him over [name redacted] and would probably take him over whatever loser Wellman is getting ready to hire like Bobby Lutz.
    Wojo sucks balls. But if Wojo takes WF to a Final Four we can name the damn court after him.