• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My case for hiring Steve Wojciechowski as the next Wake bball coach

whoa whoa whoa stop the clock.

wojo? i don't think i could do it. i really am on the verge of giving up on wake bball. if bzz is back next year (i don't think he will be) i would need to give up college ball or find a new team. still, i would rather have wojo than bzz. it really hurts to type that.

Stressful Monday morning in tax season in March but RTJ made me laugh out loud.

Don't have much to say to this proposal other than to summarize the general consensus:

1) Wellman could certainly do worse than Wojo, if the rumors of his interest in guys like Mooney, Reed, and Paulsen or are in any way accurate;
2) Wellman will not hire, or even strongly consider, Wojo due to a combination of age, lack of HC experience, and potential PR issues with older and more 'traditional' Wake fans potentially averse to hiring a Dukie; and
3) Now is a phenomenal time for a program like Wake to find its long-term, home-run candidate due to the advanced age of K, Williams, and Pitino.

Just think of it...if we could land Wojo as our HC, maybe, just maybe, we could score Greg Newton as our big man coach. That would be truly amazing!

That would be fucking awesome, I mean, Duncan did refer to Greg Newton as the greatest player he's ever seen - or something like that.

That would be fucking awesome, I mean, Duncan did refer to Greg Newton as the greatest player he's ever seen - or something like that.

The AD would include that quote in the PR Blitz announcing the hire.

3) Now is a phenomenal time for a program like Wake to find its long-term, home-run candidate due to the advanced age of K, Williams, and Pitino.

You left out Boeheim.

K: 67
Roy: 63 (and showing it lately)
Pitino: 61
Boeheim: 69

This hire is REALLY, REALLY important for Wake in the new ACC. The top programs will likely transition coaches during the time the next coach is here, opening the door a bit for Wake to make the jump up.

Wes Miller has 31 of those wins already. He's 6 years younger than Wojo. He had the same number of road ACC wins we had this season.

This. I hated the bastard as a player, but I'd take him over [Redacted] and would probably take him over whatever loser Wellman is getting ready to hire like Bobby Lutz.

Both these comments made me laugh and cry.

You left out Boeheim.

K: 67
Roy: 63 (and showing it lately)
Pitino: 61
Boeheim: 69

This hire is REALLY, REALLY important for Wake in the new ACC. The top programs will likely transition coaches during the time the next coach is here, opening the door a bit for Wake to make the jump up.
Thanks. Consider also that the programs that have most often been regarded as in the ACC's "second tier" behind UNC and Duke (i) stink at the moment (Georgia Tech); (ii) are decent but vulnerable (NC State); or (iii) have left the conference altogether (Maryland).

Do the higher ups in our athletic and university administration think about things like this? Do they think in terms of the urgency of making hires with respect to the broader league context?

Under normal circumstances I'd feel like my standards would be higher but as it is, the bar's closing and any coach that can win games is fine with me. Wojo included.

I don't really care that he was a Dookie if he's wearing a WF on his shirt.

So some people are crazy for thinking Gregg Marshall would come to Wake but it's possible that Wojo would...

That wonderful scent of desperation...

You think Bz is an asshole?

LOL. You've never met a bigger asshole than Wojo.

He would lose to dook on purpose, just to please K.

Also, no way he would leave his master to take a job at LOWF. His blood runs dark blue.

You think Bz is an asshole?

LOL. You've never met a bigger asshole than Wojo.

He would lose to dook on purpose, just to please K.

Also, no way he would leave his master to take a job at LOWF. His blood runs dark blue.

He said hi to donaldross one time 15 years ago, so he's a paragon of virtue and one of the best coaches in the country

I was told that Collins was a good guy and Wojo was a jerk by a friend. So I will say Wojo is a no go.

Back