Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 261

Thread: My case for hiring Steve Wojciechowski as the next Wake bball coach

  1. #101
    The reason why Wojo is still at Duke is that he is line to succeed K. K will select his successor and he wants it to be Wojo. So, he is not taking the WF job or any other. BTW, he would be a good hire for WF.

    This is business. As hard as it is, those picking the next head coach will need to put aside petty jealousies and favoritism for those with WF backgrounds (which is part of the reason WF made the disastrous Bz hire, to keep Rusty and Battle). Just want the best hire regardless if the next coach had a background that included Duke, UNC or any other similarly hated program.

  2. #102
    The OP accepts as a premise that Wojo would come to Wake. I think that he almost certainly would not. There is no way a dyed-in-the-wool Dukie like Wojo who worships at the feet of the master Rat is going to take a job that requires him to coach against said master from 1 to 3 times per year. None of those Duke assistants is going to take a piss without K telling them that it is a good idea and I don't think K would ever tell Wojo or any of this assistants to take the Wake job.

  3. #103
    Ricky Peral
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter84 View Post
    The OP accepts as a premise that Wojo would come to Wake. I think that he almost certainly would not. There is no way a dyed-in-the-wool Dukie like Wojo who worships at the feet of the master Rat is going to take a job that requires him to coach against said master from 1 to 3 times per year. None of those Duke assistants is going to take a piss without K telling them that it is a good idea and I don't think K would ever tell Wojo or any of this assistants to take the Wake job.
    And this is why we see no Coach K disciples in the ACC (Brey, but that was by default).

  4. #104
    One thing is for sure, DR wants us to hire a short white guy from an in-state rival.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by deaclite View Post
    I was told that Collins was a good guy and Wojo was a jerk by a friend. So I will say Wojo is a no go.

    Calling Wojo a jerk is awfully nice.

    Combine the personalities of every prick that has played basketball at dook, give it a job and "power" as an assistant coach and whipping boy for K, add a $200 hair cut and shave,give it a nice suit & shoes and call it Wojo.

    Don't want.

  6. #106
    Richard Joyce 91deac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Greensboro
    Posts
    1,011
    Do Not Want

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by deacz View Post
    One thing is for sure, DR wants us to hire a short white guy from an in-state rival.
    He is moving us from Miller to Wojo to Archie. Well played.

  8. #108
    How about we find a coach hungry to win in the ACC and make a name for himself?

    Wojo will always be rats guy. Don't want.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by KVegasDeac View Post
    How about we find a coach hungry to win in the ACC and make a name for himself?

    Wojo will always be rats guy. Don't want.
    Are there any ginger haired coaches out there who meet your criteria?

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Marquee Moon View Post
    Are there any ginger haired coaches out there who meet your criteria?
    I would love to see Shaka Smart on our sidelines. I imagine he would take kicking Roy and the rat's ass very serious.

    Wellman won't hire him, though.

    No gingers come to mind.

  11. #111
    Wojo? Cmon, you guys are better than that.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by KVegasDeac View Post
    I would love to see Shaka Smart on our sidelines. I imagine he would take kicking Roy and the rat's ass very serious.

    Wellman won't hire him, though.

    No gingers come to mind.
    Do you say "won't" as in: 1) "wouldn't if he had the chance," or; 2) "can't"?

    If it's money and money alone, and therefore he can't, that's one thing. But if Wellman wouldn't hire Shaka Smart if given the chance, he will rank as the single dumbest AD in history. If hiring Bz didn't qualify him by itself (it did), then refusing to consider Smart would cement his crown.

  13. #113
    The Pumpfaker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Paint
    Posts
    2,284
    Quote Originally Posted by KVegasDeac View Post
    I would love to see Shaka Smart on our sidelines. I imagine he would take kicking Roy and the rat's ass very serious.

    Wellman won't hire him, though.

    No gingers come to mind.

    Unearth the Pelphrey petition!

  14. #114
    A picture of DR was on the wall, looking at me when I was using the bathroom at lunch today. I didn't like it.

  15. #115
    I had to comment on this again because the more I think about it the more I hate the idea.
    We need a coach whose desire to compete with Duke (and UNC and Syracuse, etc.) burns with the heat of a thousand suns. A coach who will go nuts on the officials when K gets his way with the refs for the 50th time in a game. A coach who has no qualms about recruiting head-to-head against all of those programs. Wojo, or any of the Duke robot assistants, would not be that guy at Wake Forest. As someone else said, there is a reason we have not seen any of the Duke Assistants take jobs in the ACC - or even be seriously considered for one publically - as far as I remember.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by bym051d View Post
    A picture of DR was on the wall, looking at me when I was using the bathroom at lunch today. I didn't like it.
    #1 or #2?

  17. #117
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,736
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter84 View Post
    I had to comment on this again because the more I think about it the more I hate the idea.
    We need a coach whose desire to compete with Duke (and UNC and Syracuse, etc.) burns with the heat of a thousand suns. A coach who will go nuts on the officials when K gets his way with the refs for the 50th time in a game. A coach who has no qualms about recruiting head-to-head against all of those programs. Wojo, or any of the Duke robot assistants, would not be that guy at Wake Forest. As someone else said, there is a reason we have not seen any of the Duke Assistants take jobs in the ACC - or even be seriously considered for one publically - as far as I remember.
    Yep. We need a coach whose goal from day one is to send K, Williams, Boeheim, and Pitino into retirement then replace them at the top of the heap.

    I think Marshall has that attitude. That's why it's sad we're not going to get him.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Marquee Moon View Post
    #1 or #2?
    It was at a urinal, so I guess it could be either.

  19. #119
    Boomer Boy Shorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    GA's Gilded 6th
    Posts
    7,917
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter84 View Post
    The OP accepts as a premise that Wojo would come to Wake. I think that he almost certainly would not. There is no way a dyed-in-the-wool Dukie like Wojo who worships at the feet of the master Rat is going to take a job that requires him to coach against said master from 1 to 3 times per year. None of those Duke assistants is going to take a piss without K telling them that it is a good idea and I don't think K would ever tell Wojo or any of this assistants to take the Wake job.
    Then he'd be doing those assistants a disservice. Only one of them can ever be the next HC at Duke.

  20. #120
    Wojo?

    I'd take my diploma out of the frame, wipe my ass with it and Fed Ex it to Hatch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •