• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My case for hiring Steve Wojciechowski as the next Wake bball coach

Buzz Williams left Marquette because it was too hard to win there.

He left there one year after winning 14 (then loaded) Big East regular-season games for a second consecutive year, and earning a 3 seed in the dance for the second consecutive year.

Seems like he was managing

Last edited:
Nobody around here even follows those other guys. Hiring Wojo would rock the Duke foundation and be the immediate talk of college basketball. We'd be immediately relevant & back in the NCAA tournament in 2 years. In 3-4 years, we'd be in the Sweet 16 and off and running.

Miller, Masiello, and Manning just don't create that 'pop.'

How has DRs predictions for Wojos first four years compare to what actually happened at Marquette (with the big advantage of replacing Buzz Williams, not [Redacted])?

Seeing as how Wojo has yet to win a tournament game and this will only be his second appearance, I'd say he hasn't met DR's expectations

Seeing as how Wojo has yet to win a tournament game and this will only be his second appearance, I'd say he hasn't met DR's expectations

Marquette hoops has more than exceeded my expectations during Wojos 5 years. WTH is wrong with you folks

Way worse than the first five years of his two predecessors in the job.

But OK

Marquette hoops has more than exceeded my expectations during Wojos 5 years. WTH is wrong with you folks

WTH is wrong with you...In Buzz's last four seasons at Marquette, they had two Sweet 16's and an Elite 8. In Wojo's four full seasons he hasn't sniffed the Round of 32.

Wojo made The Dance ONCE out of four seasons at a school that had made The Dance EIGHT of the nine previous seasons.

If those are your expectations, we can't afford to pay attention to you.

WTH is wrong with you...In Buzz's last four seasons at Marquette, they had two Sweet 16's and an Elite 8. In Wojo's four full seasons he hasn't sniffed the Round of 32.

Wojo made The Dance ONCE out of four seasons at a school that had made The Dance EIGHT of the nine previous seasons.

If those are your expectations, we can't afford to pay attention to you.

Pulling into Raleigh to see the 10-15 Deacs. In the real world Marquette is ranked 11th. Wake is years from being 11th. And you still haven’t been to an ACC game in decades.

You don't need to be at a game to know missing The Dance in three of four seasons at a school that had made the NCAAT 12 of the previous 13 seasons is not "meeting expectations" at that school....

He's having a good year this year, but let's see how he does in The Dance.

You don't need to be at a game to know missing The Dance in three of four seasons at a school that had made the NCAAT 12 of the previous 13 seasons is not "meeting expectations" at that school....

He's having a good year this year, but let's see how he does in The Dance.

Yes but we are at a school where a coach made the dance two out of his three years and we fired him. So we kind of do things our own way here.

Pulling into Raleigh to see the 10-15 Deacs. In the real world Marquette is ranked 11th. Wake is years from being 11th. And you still haven’t been to an ACC game in decades.

Oh shit, the internet “friends” are in a tiff

When I think of Wojo I think of the Kentucky game and him flopping like a little bitch on the floor. Would have loved to have punched him in the throat.

Back