• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My case for hiring Steve Wojciechowski as the next Wake bball coach

Is CP3 really the best example here? My recollection of our post-season record during his tenure was no ACC tourney wins, a sweet 16 before losing to St. Joe's and a 1st round exit, I think to a Directional Tennessee.

We beat the directional Tennessee school. We lost to the directional Virginia school.

Is CP3 really the best example here? My recollection of our post-season record during his tenure was no ACC tourney wins, a sweet 16 before losing to St. Joe's and a 1st round exit, I think to a Directional Tennessee.

wow, you must have done some serious blacking out. there was a certain other game in 2005.

we beat ETSU by a handful in the first round of J-HO's senior year. then lost to Auburn.

wow, you must have done some serious blacking out. there was a certain other game in 2005.

we beat ETSU by a handful in the first round of J-HO's senior year. then lost to Auburn.

I'm old and my memory isn't always accurate. I remember the JoHo 2 games. But I had to look it up. We did beat UTC before going down. So it was 3 wins, not 2. God it's been so long.

CP3 is not a great example for this. But we did make our last Sweet Sixteen when he was on the team, one of only 8 times we have won 2 or more games in the tourney. And CP3 did not have a first round exit. We beat VCU and Manhattan before losing to St Joe's and then beat Chatanooga before losing to West Virginia.

Second round exist after surviving ETSU.

This isn't directed at you.

Over the years, there have many posters saying we underachieved by losing to St. Joe's. They were the #1 overall see. We were a #4 and took them to a one possession game into the last minute. I think Carroll might still have the A-10 career record for 3 point %. West was a first round pick. Jameer was NPOY and had 30-40 pounds on frosh CP3.

We came close to the upset, but they were a better team.

Over the years, there have many posters saying we underachieved by losing to St. Joe's. They were the #1 overall see. We were a #4 and took them to a one possession game into the last minute. I think Carroll might still have the A-10 career record for 3 point %. West was a first round pick. Jameer was NPOY and had 30-40 pounds on frosh CP3.

Agree. 84-80. WF was up 1 at half. West and Nelson had 24 each. Carroll hit 5 threes. All 3 played in the NBA. Probably the best game that a WF team played in the NCAAs under Prosser. FWIW, Big E was 7 for 8 from the field and had 19. When he got the ball down-low, it was over. Miss having that. Justin Gray had 23, and CP3 had 8 assists and 3 steals. Excellent game.

TITCR

Agree. 84-80. WF was up 1 at half. West and Nelson had 24 each. Carroll hit 5 threes. All 3 played in the NBA. Probably the best game that a WF team played in the NCAAs under Prosser. FWIW, Big E was 7 for 8 from the field and had 19. When he got the ball down-low, it was over. Miss having that. Justin Gray had 23, and CP3 had 8 assists and 3 steals. Excellent game.

We played a good game against Oregon as well, considering Howard was not healthy enough to contribute. I still think we would have won if Dawson had not gone out with an injury. It has been almost 20 years now, but my memory is that Dawson was just on fire from 3 point range at the end of that season.

I just looked back to see where somebody said we should have beaten St Joes and nobody said that, but thanks RJ now shut your Philly ass.

Dawn Staley is probably the best coach out there right now and is ripe for a big job.

Dawn Staley is probably the best coach out there right now and is ripe for a big job.

What is bigger than what level she's taken USC to, other than UConn? Also, passing on Staley is also the worst coaching mistake UVA has ever made. Worse than Groh and London put together. UVA used to have an elite women's program and has been in the tank since then.

What is bigger than what level she's taken USC to, other than UConn? Also, passing on Staley is also the worst coaching mistake UVA has ever made. Worse than Groh and London put together. UVA used to have an elite women's program and has been in the tank since then.

I think the implication is that she could coach a men's team.

Ah, her resume is certainly better than any recent men's coach USC has had, maybe she could coach both.

If anyone could, it would be her. She coached Temple to several NCAA bids while she was still playing in the WNBA

If anyone could, it would be her. She coached Temple to several NCAA bids while she was still playing in the WNBA

Hell, maybe if she had been doing that the last few years, she could have gotten Suggs and Bueckers as a tabdom.

We played a good game against Oregon as well, considering Howard was not healthy enough to contribute. I still think we would have won if Dawson had not gone out with an injury. It has been almost 20 years now, but my memory is that Dawson was just on fire from 3 point range at the end of that season.

Dawson got hurt that game and was hitting everything before he got hurt. If he doesn't go down we win that game.

Pretty sure that was also while Josh Howard was dealing with the dreaded high ankle sprain.

Back