• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My case for hiring Steve Wojciechowski as the next Wake bball coach

Wojo would have taken our job. He was ripe for the pickings and would have won and won for a long-time. We missed out.

LOL - big money boosters, y'all. Steve Wojciechowski. LOL

I actually feel bad for Marquette fans for having to get behind this colossal jackass.

Shaka has turned down jobs like TN that were as good or better.

Marquette is totally rudderless. They hired a young guy they are almost 100% certain to lose in 5-7 years if he's doing a good job.

Wojo would have taken our job. He was ripe for the pickings and would have won and won for a long-time. We missed out.

I don't know what it is that makes you think Wojo would have taken our job, but I think you are dead wrong.

He may or may not turn out to be a great coach, but I don't think it matters because he wasn't coming here.

DonaldRoss, do you think Wojo would have signed contract barring him from taking the Duke job for the length of his Wake contract + 3 years?

If he wouldn't, then we should never have offered him.

I seriously doubt he would sign a contract that wouldn't allow him to replace K.

K said he was gonna be at Duke for 5 more years, FWIW.

Even if we offered I think Woj would've chosen Marq over us so he didn't have to go up against K and Duke

Last edited:
K said he was gonna be at Duke for 5 more years, FWIW.

Even if we offered I think Woj would've chosen Marq over us so he didn't have to go up against K and Duke

This ^^. So much this^^^ We don't want someone who doesn't thrive on battling K (Roy, Pitino, etc.).

If we offered Wojo without the no-Duke clause, we'd be morons. If we did, he'd be a moron to take the job.

This really never made sense.

Think about it. Did Denny Crum take a job in the PAC 8 after leaving Wooden? Did Forest take an ACC job after leaving Deano? I bet if you looked at the past 50 years or more of legendary coaches few longtime assistants took their next job in the same league.

It just doesn't happen.

Lots of classic posts on this thread. We suck because our alums suck. Buzz Williams left Marquette because it was too hard to win there. Wojo has them ranked 11th.

He is moving us from Miller to Wojo to Archie. Well played.

Enjoyed this one. Yes, you are right. I wanted all 3. And you made fun of it. Now Archie coaches Indiana. Wow did history prove Wake alums to be morons.

Wes Miller has 31 of those wins already. He's 6 years younger than Wojo. He had the same number of road ACC wins we had this season. I am not backing down from my call that he will have a huge career. I agree we can't justify his hiring right now but he'll be a success.

Interesting.

No, Buzz left because he and the AD detested each other.

Back