• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

LOL Disney
http://www.wdwmagic.com/shopping/em...ases-at-the-parks-to-be-limited-in-number.htm

In what seems like an effort to keep Frozen merchandise in stock, all of the domestic Disney theme parks are now placing a purchase quantity restriction on Frozen merchandise.
Beginning yesterday, all Frozen products have a purchase limit of five. This means that you can purchase up to a maximum of 5 of the exact same item. You could for example, buy 5 Elsa dolls, and 5 Anna dolls, but not 6 Elsa dolls.
The restriction has been but in place at all the domestic properties, which includes Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line, and Disney Vacation Club locations

How hard is it to ramp up production in China? It's been half a year.

Yeah, but if I'm going to a Resort its not going to be in central Florida. I'd rather go to WDW for a few days then go to The Greenbrier.

or a Resort in the caribbean.

or a trip to nyc, charleston, chicago, dc, etc.

not standing in line to ride rides in a swamp

Ok, so my memories of TMRR are from when I was ~10. It was awesome then.
Take my same statement and apply it to Space Mountain or Everest or any ride at all. I like to ride things more than once (that's what she said) and a park a day makes it hard to do that.

That's the biggest problem that Disney has. Their rides are way too tame. And not enough of them in AK, HS, or Epcot.

Having two small kids, I can see why Disney rides are tame. Taking them to Universal or Busch Gardens now would be a waste. At Disney, my little one can ride a lot of rides. There's only one ride my oldest can't ride at a tall 4 1/2 and he was literally a cast member judgement call from being able to ride it on Sunday.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't want a badass coaster a piece in each of the parks.

That's the biggest problem that Disney has. Their rides are way too tame. And not enough of them in AK, HS, or Epcot.

Having two small kids, I can see why Disney rides are tame. Taking them to Universal or Busch Gardens now would be a waste. At Disney, my little one can ride a lot of rides. There's only one ride my oldest can't ride at a tall 4 1/2 and he was literally a cast member judgement call from being able to ride it on Sunday.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't want a badass coaster a piece in each of the parks.

Yeah, I live in Charlotte. We've went to Disney with the kids twice before we ever drove 15 minutes to Carowinds.

well who the hell wants to hang out with the sc rednecks at the carowinds concrete jungle

Saw this picture on Facebook. Apparently, this is an everyday thing.
10308904_761486774369_1293067076431936989_n.jpg

My oldest 11 year old girl rode Everest, but that is about as thrilling as she wanted.

My oldest 11 year old girl rode Everest, but that is about as thrilling as she wanted.

We took our five year old and seven year old on Everest. They cried, but now they talk about it like they conquered the unconquerable.

We took our five year old and seven year old on Everest. They cried, but now they talk about it like they conquered the unconquerable.

My oldest tried it before he turned 4. He kept asking to ride it and desperately wanted to try it so we let him when he was tall enough.

He was scared when we got on. I think he realized this was a step up from Big Thunder. He still likes to watch it go by but he wasn't gone on it since. He did make up a story about the ride one time several months later while we were watching it.

He explained that the Yeti lived in the bottom of the mountain. The top is too dangerous because the tracks destroyed it. When he heard people screaming, the Yeti went to the top of the mountain and destroyed the tracks.

He is fascinated by coasters. He went on his first kiddie coaster at 22 months. Before that, he would line up things at home and pretend they were coasters.

My youngest will probably ride his first coaster at 22 months as well next time we go.

Last edited:
Was recently at Disney for our first overnight stay in over 2 years. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, one of the Moderate resorts, because we got a better deal there than most of the moderates. Had a great time. I strongly recommend staying there.

We stayed in the Oak Manor section in royal themed rooms. These are ideal for girls. The theme is Princess Tiana is the hostess (New Orleans) and there are pictures of all the princesses up to Rapunzel on the wall. The resort area was nice. The dining area had a neat bar. It was a unique experience to be a bar with my kids. We saw Yeeha Bob perform his piano show. Check him out on YouTube. The guy is a natural entertainer. Apparently, he's been doing this forever. I definitely recommend checking him out if you're staying in either Port Orleans resort.

We took a boat from the resort to Downtown Disney and ate at T-Rex, a dinosaur themed restaurant. It was an hour wait, but they gave us a time to come back and it worked out just fine. The food wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The theming was pretty cool, although it's a step below the animatronic dinosaurs in the Dinosaur ride at Animal Kingdom or Ellen's Universe of Energy at Epcot. Great place for kids and the place was full of them. Even saw some families with older kids and a few young adults there at the bar. Didn't understand that.

My little one mentioned above did ride Barnstormer for the first time and loved it. It was a great moment for all four of us to ride a coaster at the same time. My oldest who turns 5 next week finally reached 48" so he can ride anything in the parks now.

I also rode the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride that debuted last week to complete New Fantasyland. Very underwhelming. It's aimed between Barnstormer and Big Thunder in terms of intensity, so it's basically geared for people who don't like roller coasters. My oldest loves Big Thunder and didn't like it although we did ride it again later that night. My wife tops out at Everest and Rockin' Rollercoaster and didn't like it either. It was very short and there wasn't much to it. The theming and sight lines were beautiful, but it wasn't a good coaster. The seats were the smallest I've seen in the parks as well. It's going to be very popular for a few months, but it will probably just be another ride by the end of the year much like Under the Sea when it debuted.

By the way, the line to meet Anna and Elsa from Frozen was 300 minutes every time I past by it. Godspeed to anyone who goes with little girls. Hard to believe Disney isn't doing more to take advantage of the hype around it. Any time I heard anything from Frozen played in the parks, there were immediately hundreds of moms and daughters singing along.

Last edited:
I don't even know if I knew you could meet princesses when I went as a kid... either my parents are geniuses or I just didn't care.
How do little kids know to get stoked about meeting the princesses? I'd imagine the parents told them about it, so that's on them.

I don't think the demand to see princesses was as high when you were a kid. Maybe little little kids find out from their parents, but I imagine most kids find out from their friends who went and met the princesses or seeing pictures of other people meeting the princesses. I can see a kid getting hyped to meet Mickey Mouse. I can't see a kid getting hyped to meet women in fancy dresses and definitely not hyped enough for it to be the #1 priority for an expensive trip to a place with so much other stuff to do.

Also to be fair, I think the Frozen obsession is an anomaly. I don't think Disney thought the movie or characters would be anywhere close to this huge. They certainly weren't prepared for it.

I also think this is a huge edge Disney has on their competition. They have a stockpile of characters kids watch on their TVs and in the theaters all the time and there are only two places in the US to go and see the "real thing." I don't know if Universal does meet and greets with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, but that's the only thing I could imagine that would near comparable to a little girl who watches Frozen five times a week meeting Anna and Elsa.

Last edited:
My oldest who turns 5 next week finally reached 48" so he can ride anything in the parks now.

My youngest just turned 3 and is 43" tall already. I've been joking we could get him onto any of the 44" rides with a pair of decent soled shoes on.

Back