• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

There is an interesting abandoned theme park video of River Country on YouTube.

I'm at Disney this week - staying in a Windsor place and I also agree they are fantastic and a much better option than staying at the resort. I'm 42 and this is my first Disney trip ever.

Magic Kingdom - what's the big deal? I guess it was awesome in 1970, but it's a lot of crap. I grew up going to Six Flags in Atlanta and it was a lot better than Magic Kingdom.

Animal Kingdom - TERRIFIC. We all enjoyed Everest, the safari, the Kali River Rapids, and the food at lunch was MUCH better than Cosmic Rays at MK.

Chef Mickey's: WTF. It's a buffet. Great. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, and Goofy rove about to take pictures with the kids. Great. It was $260 for 5 of us. For a buffet. With 2 (total) glasses of wine. Not worth the cost, but a decent dinner I suppose.

I cannot imagine coming here and doing this more than once every few years.

Magic Kingdom is my least favorite park also.

The Brown Derby at MGM was great.

Diggler, Magic Kingdom is for kids bro.

Although you should have enjoyed at least the Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan, come on brah.

Big changes coming to Hollywood Studios over the next 5 years. The whole place will be a construction zone.

Check out this podcast. Jim Hill is a Disney historian and insider. His podcast is very informative.

http://podbay.fm/show/452620851

Really interesting stuff about Disney's internal reaction to the gains at Universal. Disney lawyers trying to parse out a future role for Guardians in the parks. (They just aren't mentioned in the agreement with Universal.) The realization that they've been leaving money on the table in the park due to it's design.

They should just close Hollywood for a year to reform and retool. They still have 3 parks plus 2 water parks.

Doing Disney in November with my 4 year old. Wish me luck.

When will children no longer be excited about seeing Mickey, Minnie and all the other Disney originals? Ever?

I'm sure Disney will adapt (as we've seen they started) but why are children today still interested in meeting all those characters? Are those shows still on tv?

Someone do the Hot Dog Dance for nonny.

No joke. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is one of the worst children's shows. It's only purpose is to introduce little kids to the characters.

The new Mickey Mouse shorts are pretty good though. They're more geared toward teens and adults with a more irreverent old school vibe.

This one is one of my favorites.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yNdhDq-DF8k

When will children no longer be excited about seeing Mickey, Minnie and all the other Disney originals? Ever?

I'm sure Disney will adapt (as we've seen they started) but why are children today still interested in meeting all those characters? Are those shows still on tv?

Yes

The old school cartoons are on youtubes and DVDs. Def will let my kids watch em, and obviously Looney Tunes.

Going next August. Just booked it with AAA. Staying at the Contemporary Resort South Garden Wing.

going to Orlando in December. I've never been to Islands of Adventure, so that will definitely be on the docket. I've been to Disney several times, the last time being around 5 years ago and we were just there for the day so we did Magic Kingdom. Not interested in doing MK again-- what other park should I visit this time? Hollywood Studios? Note there will be no kids with us.

Also, I read somewhere that the water parks are all heated... would it be absolutely stupid to do blizzard beach in early December?

going to Orlando in December. I've never been to Islands of Adventure, so that will definitely be on the docket. I've been to Disney several times, the last time being around 5 years ago and we were just there for the day so we did Magic Kingdom. Not interested in doing MK again-- what other park should I visit this time? Hollywood Studios? Note there will be no kids with us.

Also, I read somewhere that the water parks are all heated... would it be absolutely stupid to do blizzard beach in early December?

Orlando doesn't get that cold in December.

Back