• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

yep, that's definitely the one i'm thinking of.

damn, when I was 8 (20 years ago), that ride was AWESOME.

We go to Epcot more than any other park and probably still only rode it once a year.

That's because it sucked. Have you been as amused as I have by our mutual friends' obsession over this ride on facebook and twitter? You'd think someone killed one of their dogs.

I've missed her post on this. I'll check them out. I have seen her kids' pictures from their last trip.

I don't get why she'd be upset. She's obsessed with Frozen and that's what will replace it along with I'm sure an Anna and Elsa dinner. She'll be in heaven.

I'm sad that Maelstrom is leaving, but my wife is super pumped about the Frozen land/theme and ride.

was the Norway one the log flume ride?

i vaguely remember it because there was an awesome buffet with a lot of cheese.

SMORGASBORD. My fam does this every Christmas Eve, its a Swede tradition. Havarti piled as high as the eye can see!

Today's big Hollywood Studios news is that the Sorcerer's Hat is coming down early next year. Good riddance. It's an eye sore that blocks the great view of the Chinese theatre. I just hope they don't replace it with Olaf or R2D2 or something.

Disney-MGM-Studios-1989-19-M.jpg

hopefully they replace it with more bland white kids in 90s baseball hats and moms in mom pants

Maelstrom was great when it was hot as blazes out. Water ride indoors with a breeze.

Going Mid December again. First time going during December, I hope it is not a mistake.

The difference between early December and mid-December is huge. If you can move it up a week, do it.

What is mid versus early?

My brother is coming down for a wedding and making the trip.

What is mid versus early?

My brother is coming down for a wedding and making the trip.

Actually I was wrong. According to Touring Plans, the spike in crowds starts the Sunday before Christmas. Before that it's low to moderate crowds.

Actually I was wrong. According to Touring Plans, the spike in crowds starts the Sunday before Christmas. Before that it's low to moderate crowds.

Good thing you caught it before anyone disputed your assertion.

Still UNDEFEATED.

Before 10 days before Christmas is when I am going. I have been many times but never in December.

Should be a good time to go. Just make sure don't plan to do Magic Kingdom on a day they have the Very Merry Christmas Party and the park closes at 7. It's not worth it to get a special ticket for Very Merry Christmas.

Went to the Epcot Food & Wine Festival with my wife and no kids on Saturday. Such a great time. If you can swing a trip down during that time, do it. It's the least kiddie event in the parks. We met a couple from Illinois who had some airline miles to burn and they came down for it and left their 3 teenage kids at home.

Thanks PhDeac. We are leaving the park on the 22ndso I hope we are leaving as the crowds are coming in.

Just found out that my daughter has a soccer tournament Jan 17-19 down there. Hopefully it wont be to bad with crowds. It is MLK, so folks will have long weekend.

Back