• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

Kind of. There is far less stuff for the 1 year old to do and a shorter 3 year old at Legoland than Disney World. We split up my 2 year old (38") and 5 year old (49") more at Legoland than any Disney park.

You also don't like Jurassic Park, so I'm inclined to immediately dismiss your opinions on principle now.

Appreciate the lego rec,but i have three girls and if we don't see Elsa and Anna (repeatedly) i'll be strung up by the balls

What's the best way to get passes? I went to the website - i had no idea they were this expensive?! $750 for our family for two days? Holy shit that's insane...

What about this memory maker photog thing? Is that worth it?

Also do i need to buy shit in advance or can i just do it all once down there?

You're only doing two days?

On the whole park admission is a great deal. $99 for a day at the most popular vacation destination in world compares very favorably to most forms of entertainment like a fair or most sporting events. It definitely adds up though.

I think the pricing is set up to highly discourage ones or two day trips. You may be able to get a better deal from AAA or a Disney travel company.

Don't know anything about Memory Maker. They'll take pictures with your camera. I've heard the photographers get trained how to use all kinds of foreign and US brands of cameras and phones.

Memory Maker was worth every penny imo. You are already spending an assload, what's 150 more dollas?

$150? Damn. What do you get for that kind of loot?

Camping in Fort Wilderness now. Looking for something to do today without paying to go in to another park. Did Disney Studios on Friday and Very Merry last night. I have a 4 and 2 year old. Any advice from the experts is appreciated.

leaving for orlando next Thursday and I'm in charge of the agenda. I've got me, my 22 year old sister who hates rides, and my mid-50s parents. dad will do whatever, mom doesn't like rides and doesn't really drink. I love rides, love eating and drinking out and am pretty much up for anything.

We're definitely doing the Harry Potter world stuff for my sister, but aside from that don't really have any plans. Has anybody tried the skip the line tickets at Universal? I definitely want to ride some rides and my dad is the most impatient man in the world about waiting in lines. Not sure if we're going to hit up Disney or not-- the only park I have interest in really is Epcot. Anything I'd be missing out on from the other parks? Went to Magic Kingdom 3 years ago, so I feel like that was pretty recent.

Food to eat? Bars to drag my sister to? HELP!

For forensic:

Go to Downtown Disney and hang out. Take a boat over to the Port Orleans resorts. It's a 20-30 min ride.

Take a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge. At least four years ago, there was an animal viewing area in the lobby.

See if you can find info about playgrounds that aren't in the parks.

dash:

Here is a podcast review of bars and lounges at Disney World:
http://www.wdwtoday.com/article.php?story=20130322073235954

You can probably find links to info about things for young single ladies to do at the park. Disney Food Blog has info about restaurants and bars as well.

Magic Kingdom has changed a lot in 3 years with New Fantasyland, but it's not worth going for if you don't want to go for the old stuff.

I think you have to stay at Universal to skip the lines there. Not sure about that.

Last edited:
leaving for orlando next Thursday and I'm in charge of the agenda. I've got me, my 22 year old sister who hates rides, and my mid-50s parents. dad will do whatever, mom doesn't like rides and doesn't really drink. I love rides, love eating and drinking out and am pretty much up for anything.

We're definitely doing the Harry Potter world stuff for my sister, but aside from that don't really have any plans. Has anybody tried the skip the line tickets at Universal? I definitely want to ride some rides and my dad is the most impatient man in the world about waiting in lines. Not sure if we're going to hit up Disney or not-- the only park I have interest in really is Epcot. Anything I'd be missing out on from the other parks? Went to Magic Kingdom 3 years ago, so I feel like that was pretty recent.

Food to eat? Bars to drag my sister to? HELP!

it seems like Orlando isn't the best spot for your family

For forensic:

Go to Downtown Disney and hang out. Take a boat over to the Port Orleans resorts. It's a 20-30 min ride.

Take a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge. At least four years ago, there was an animal viewing area in the lobby.

See if you can find info about playgrounds that aren't in the parks.

dash:

Here is a podcast review of bars and lounges at Disney World:
http://www.wdwtoday.com/article.php?story=20130322073235954

You can probably find links to info about things for young single ladies to do at the park. Disney Food Blog has info about restaurants and bars as well.

Magic Kingdom has changed a lot in 3 years with New Fantasyland, but it's not worth going for if you don't want to go for the old stuff.

I think you have to stay at Universal to skip the lines there. Not sure about that.

thank you! Re: skip the line, I found where you can buy them for certain days (the price changes as demand goes up and down). If anybody's tried them out and has some feedback on whether or not it's worth it, let me know. We'll likely be going to Universal on a Friday and a Monday and doing other stuff over the weekend.

If you do go to Epcot, definitely to go La Cava del Tequila. It was named one of the best tequila bars in the country.
http://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/21-best-tequila-bars-in-america

It's typically packed, so you may have to wait. There's a young and fun crowd there on the weekends, UCF students and the like. And eat before you go. They only have tequila and appetizers.

forensic, we don't usually do stuff outside the parks with our 5 and 2 year old, but those things have worked for us. I'm sure there are plenty other ideas you can find. Any of the hotels have stuff you can do.

How was Fort Wilderness? We've talked about doing that as their first camping experience.

Last edited:
thank you! Re: skip the line, I found where you can buy them for certain days (the price changes as demand goes up and down). If anybody's tried them out and has some feedback on whether or not it's worth it, let me know. We'll likely be going to Universal on a Friday and a Monday and doing other stuff over the weekend.

If it's busy it's worth it, but it sounds like you don't have many riders so it depends on your budget really. Take the single riders line most places and wait a fraction of the amount of time. I haven't been in a couple years, but expect the crowds to be wedged into the HP section, and the rest of the park to be pretty open.

We got the fast passes for Universal when we went earlier this year and it was absolutely fantastic. Definitely worth it wrt to skipping lines imo. I can't imagine going without that now..

We did have 3-4 riders most of the time though, so if it's just you/Dad riding you can probably get away with just doing single rider whenever possible. Though that's still not always as fast as the fast passes.

We got the fast passes for Universal when we went earlier this year and it was absolutely fantastic. Definitely worth it wrt to skipping lines imo. I can't imagine going without that now..

We did have 3-4 riders most of the time though, so if it's just you/Dad riding you can probably get away with just doing single rider whenever possible. Though that's still not always as fast as the fast passes.

I've been where it was actually faster. Really depends on the ride.

Sounds like it may be worthwhile for me and my dad to get the passes, but not so much for sister/mom. Dad will GLADLY pay the fee if it saves him waiting in line time.

Back