• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

we did single riders at Universal and it worked out fine. we were there as soon as the park opened, and went right to HP World. we rode the Hogwarts ride together once (no line) and then came out and did single riders twice more. the single riders one on that one is nice since you go through the gift shop and basically end up where the ride boards. and since you can't really see the person next to you during the ride single is fine. was great on the Spiderman and a few others as well.

We got the fast passes for Universal when we went earlier this year and it was absolutely fantastic. Definitely worth it wrt to skipping lines imo. I can't imagine going without that now..

We did have 3-4 riders most of the time though, so if it's just you/Dad riding you can probably get away with just doing single rider whenever possible. Though that's still not always as fast as the fast passes.

We did the same thing, but damn, Universal with fast pass is EXPENSIVE!

we did single riders at Universal and it worked out fine. we were there as soon as the park opened, and went right to HP World. we rode the Hogwarts ride together once (no line) and then came out and did single riders twice more. the single riders one on that one is nice since you go through the gift shop and basically end up where the ride boards. and since you can't really see the person next to you during the ride single is fine. was great on the Spiderman and a few others as well.

Is there a way to see all the stuff in the castle without the long line at the dark ride?

Is there a way to see all the stuff in the castle without the long line at the dark ride?

I dunno. We just sorta blazed through the castle the first time to get to the ride, and since there was no line didn't really see much. then after riding it a few times single riders (skipping all the castle stuff), we moved on.

I have a 1,3 and 6 - all girls, so yeah I'm in that demographic

Sending prayers your way. My boys are crazy people at the parks, but I wouldn't trade them for two little girls at the parks.

Epcot Pro Tip: If you stand in Germany between the bathrooms and the train, you get a perfect unobstructed view of the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. If you get a night in which Epcot's Illuminations and the Very Merry Christmas Party fireworks are going on, you can see the amazing finales of each back to back. Found this out last Sunday and it was spectacular.

Lots of info about the upcoming Star Wars expansion at Hollywood Studios in the link below. Usually I post tidbits, but there is a lot of interesting stuff in here. Particularly interesting is that they're planning on doing a "full" model Death Star.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/unofficial-guides-disney-dish/id452620851?mt=2

We're heading to Disney in early May for a race in the Animal Kingdom and staying in the Animal Kingdom lodge. Which restaurant is best between Jiko in the AK Lodge or Tusker House? I also heard that Flaming Tree BBQ is closing?

Jiko is one of my 2 favorite restaurant in the park. That and California Grill.

Tusker House is at Animal Kingdom. Jiko and Boma are at AK Lodge. Tusker House is one of the best in park meals.

Going soon for 4.5 days in the Disney parks with a 4 year old boy, 7 year old girl. Planning a couple days in MK, and then 1 in AK, for the other 1.5 days would you do 1 in Epcot and half day in Hollywood Studios, or flip those? First time we have been there. Thanks for any help!

You've got it right. If you've got the right Fastpasses for Hollywood Studios, you can knock it out in no time, especially since there isn't much for a toddler.

AK will probably close early when you go. I recommend getting an early start, maybe do lunch at Tusker House, and then plan some hotel time. Depends on how naps work for yours.

Last edited:
We're heading to Disney in early May for a race in the Animal Kingdom and staying in the Animal Kingdom lodge. Which restaurant is best between Jiko in the AK Lodge or Tusker House? I also heard that Flaming Tree BBQ is closing?

It was open last week when we were there, but there are definitely construction in that area. We picked up at a little stand and went to the normal area for seating. Not sure if that's typical, but there's stuff going on there for sure.

We booked a reservation for Tusker house on Sunday evening when we go. Can't wait

Also, we ate at narcoossee's in GF the final night and had a very good meal. It was nice that MK's fireworks went off at 10 right around when we got apps. Very cool views.

Just a recommendation if you want to eat outside of the normal park restaurants.

Back