• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

was this you first time?

Went spring break senior year high school during preseason lacrosse scrimmages in west palm

Four of us spent 10 minutes there, them snuck off site, got a taxi has driver buy us a case of beer and got drunk

So, for all intents and purposes, yes

here are my quick impressions

Hollywood studios has a couple of good rides but otherwise sucks

animal kingdom is probably the best overall park but i couldn't do any of the best rides because it was just me and the toddler that day (wife and teen at Universal---grrrr)

need more time at epcot

MK is iconic, a real classic--what can you complain about other than the crappy food

did not see the fireworks

Forgot about horrible seafood dinner at Fulton Crab whatever at downtown Disney

DT Disney is kind of lame

Never got to boardwalk

Wanted to do a flying fish

woof DT Disney sucks.

and yeah, Epcot has all the best in-park food, and it's not even close imo. Sadly, it's also probably the least interesting for young kids.

I always do flaming tree bbq at AK though, I'd say it's probs the best counter service place Disney has.

here are my quick impressions

Hollywood studios has a couple of good rides but otherwise sucks

animal kingdom is probably the best overall park but i couldn't do any of the best rides because it was just me and the toddler that day (wife and teen at Universal---grrrr)

need more time at epcot

MK is iconic, a real classic--what can you complain about other than the crappy food

did not see the fireworks

Yeah. Pretty much. Hollywood Studios is good for Star Wars weekends and the Osborne Family Lights and I assume if you have teenagers who can ride Aerosmith and Tower of Terror multiple times. I like Fantasmic but it's a pain to get their early to get a decent seat. Toy Story Midway Mania is my favorite attraction in the parks, but the wait is always an hour or more. If they add a Star Wars Land and/or Cars Land, that will help tremendously. Hollywood Studios is the smallest park, yet by far has the most dead space and the most poorly used space (Backlot Tour, Lights, Motor, Action, Streets of America).

Animal Kingdom is underrated. It has one of the best rides in the parks in Everest. The safari is pretty unique. Finding Nemo: The Musical and Festival of the Lion King are the two best shows in the parks. The Dino area is great for kids. Tusker House is the best buffet I've had in the parks.

It's hard to do Epcot in one day especially during Food & Wine Festival.

Everest is considered the best coaster at Disney

Need to hit it next time

Plus rapids ride supposed to be great

The safari was phenomenal

Oh man Toy Story Midway Mania is so awesome. We defs burned our main fast pass on that our last day just to ride that a second time (I had to get the highest score in our group before we left).

Lol at the Dinosaur ride though. There was zero wait for that at all, just walked right on, and then it broke down right before the "scary" part with the T-Rex so we sat in our car (in the warehouse with all the lights turned on, interesting to see things like that) for about 5-10 minutes without a peep from anyone (we could barely hear a message if we listened hard saying something about remaining in your car and not moving). We didn't hear a single peep from any of the staff about it when we got off/finished the ride. It was so weird.

I remember one of my trips was when i was a senior in HS; on our trip to Animal kingdom we went straight to the Rapids and they let us ride it 10x straight

I rode the Dinosaur ride when it was "Journey to Extinction" which was famously super loud and scary. The ride was so rough my sister almost fell out of the truck. It was amazeballs but people were freaking out. Shame they had to lame it up, I feel like that ride should be tame for the day time but then for 3 hours at night it goes into TERROR mode again.

I rode the Dinosaur ride when it was "Journey to Extinction" which was famously super loud and scary. The ride was so rough my sister almost fell out of the truck. It was amazeballs but people were freaking out. Shame they had to lame it up, I feel like that ride should be tame for the day time but then for 3 hours at night it goes into TERROR mode again.

i remember that

It's still got an extinction slant to it, at least it did a month ago. What did they change exactly?

NM found the answer, sounds way better before:

Because of this, the movement of the Enhanced motion vehicles was changed to be less intense and the ride was also given a less frightening soundtrack. In the original soundtrack, after the encounter with the first audio-animatronic Carnotaurus, the footsteps and roars of the dinosaur could be heard directly behind the vehicle, giving guests the feeling that they were being pursued. Now, during the same moments of the ride, the roars of the Carnotaurus can be heard far behind the guests, implying they have safely escaped.

The food does kinda suck, especially if you're doing Chef Mickey and bullshit of the like.

It does not suck as much as Downtown Disney. That place is dogshit.

We went this past December and having the Magic Bands and FastPass+ was really awesome.

Hollywood Studios kinda blows. My friends had told me it was their favorite park, and I don't see how. There are 2 or 3 good things there, but otherwise it sucks. And because there's less stuff, everyone clogs up all the good stuff. See: the overrated Toy Story Mania. It had a 90 minute wait within 20 minutes of the park being open. Insane. It was a good ride, but not THAT much better than the similar one at MK that has virtually no line.

Epcot was way better than I expected. The last time I had been was in 1989 and it was actually fun for people under 60. Soarin' was BAUCE.

Magic Kingdom is the ballz, especially if you get there early and can ride virtually anything with no wait for the first two hours.

Yeah. That's it. Hollywood Studios has great stuff, but the park as a whole sucks. The whole studio lot theme is played out in this era of CGI. They need to blow it up and just make it a park with a bunch of baller movie themed thrill rides. The best idea I heard that was considered was a stand up coaster themed around the door scene at the end of Monsters Inc. Do that.

Yeah. That's it. Hollywood Studios has great stuff, but the park as a whole sucks. The whole studio lot theme is played out in this era of CGI. They need to blow it up and just make it a park with a bunch of baller movie themed thrill rides. The best idea I heard that was considered was a stand up coaster themed around the door scene at the end of Monsters Inc. Do that.

Yes exactly. They need to expand the Star Wars and have a Star Wars world, aka the Wizarding World of HP.

Then go all out on the Halloween/terror motif, create some scary ass rides and put them near the big attractions near Tower of Terror. Two birds, one stone. Maybe even call it the Land of Villains.

Yes exactly. They need to expand the Star Wars and have a Star Wars world, aka the Wizarding World of HP.

Then go all out on the Halloween/terror motif, create some scary ass rides and put them near the big attractions near Tower of Terror. Two birds, one stone. Maybe even call it the Land of Villains.

God this makes so much sense. Retheme Aerosmith around a classic Disney villain like Maleficient. Add in a few more villain themed rides back there. It actually fits Fantasmic perfectly.

if i recall that aerosmith ride went 0-60 in something like 3 seconds.

nobody's theme park food is worse than carowinds, and it also costs 25 dollars for about as much food as a happy meal, only, as i said, tastes even worse.

Last edited:
Back