• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

Yeah. Like I said, it's a complicated deal. Marvel was trying to make a quick buck and nobody had any idea how valuable these properties could be. Disney probably wasn't seriously thinking about building a Black Panther attraction until six weeks ago.

I've posted my detailed thoughts on Pandora earlier on this thread. I've been twice. I went shortly after it opened last year and last Fall. Going back next week for our annual Memorial Week trip. The theming is great. I like both rides a lot for what they are. Both are far better than comparable rides Soarin' and Frozen at Epcot. In fact, Animal Kingdom passed Epcot as the second most visited park at Disney World last year. The best thing about Pandora is it raised the bar for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.

My read on Toy Story Land is that it will be a nice place to spend some time but not a headliner yet. I think it will be on par with New Fantasyland. It will be a good use of previously wasted space. It won't be worth making a big trip. And I say this as a HUGE Toy Story fan.

The two rides look like great kid rides and should complete the theme started years ago with Toy Story Midway Mania, which remains my favorite rides at Disney World. The main purpose for the next year will be to draw people to the park while we all wait for Star Wars. The Toy Story Land and the new Mickie and Minnie ride replacing The Great Movie Ride will be tasked with sucking foot traffic away from Star Wars. In 18 months, Hollywood Studios will be transformed.

My hope is that they develop a Pixar Land out of Toy Story Land for the 25th anniversary of the Studios in 2024. If you look at a map of the area, everything behind Midway Mania going back behind Launch Bay back to Rockin' Rollercoaster is basically cast parking lots. They're building new parking lots near the main entrance. If they rip up the current cast parking, they can and build a huge Pixar themed land visible from World Dr. Disney is investing in Pixar sequels so it makes sense that they would put more permanent Pixar stuff in the parks. Ratatouille is coming to Epcot in the next year or so. I'm guessing they'll do something with Incredibles. If Incredibles 2 is big, I think they could keep that franchise going and let the family age. It will definitely deserve an attraction. There's a long rumored Monsters, Inc ride that could be in there as well.

Last edited:
I have the all-time high score on Midway Mania, but they erase it every day so you won't be able to see it.

Pandora was amazing, and I agree with Ph that the Flight of Passage ride is better than Soarin', which is still really great. The other ride there didn't do much for me or the kids. We all thought the Frozen ride was better.

Pandora was amazing, and I agree with Ph that the Flight of Passage ride is better than Soarin', which is still really great. The other ride there didn't do much for me or the kids. We all thought the Frozen ride was better.

Agree with all of this.

I went on Frozen for the second time a few months ago. It relies way too heavily on affinity for the movie. Otherwise it’s not very impressive. Meanwhile, the Na’vi Boat Ride is an immersive technological marvel.

The awkward obvious CGI in Soarin bothers me. I’d rather it just be a flyover of real landscapes and real animals.

Last edited:
Will be there this weekend for the Memorial day rain storms. Def think FOP is good but Soarin has been overrated (inho). I'm hoping that the expected rain keeps some crowds down.. Staying at Wyndam Bonnet Creek and am curious about how that will go.

I’ll be there too. My boys spent a lot of time at the pool so rains would be a major disappointment.

From what I’ve seen the forecast looks pretty good.

We're heading to Orlando tomorrow evening. Staying until Memorial Day at the Copper Creek Villas at Wilderness Lodge. Hoping the forecast is wrong!

Rain at Disney World is good - it weeds out the amateurs and makes the parks less crowded.

My kids are excited to stay in the hotel room during the rain. God help us. The forecast shows the heaviest rains during our usual pool times on Sunday and Monday.

My kids are excited to stay in the hotel room during the rain. God help us. The forecast shows the heaviest rains during our usual pool times on Sunday and Monday.

We've been here since Friday. Weather hasn't been anywhere close to as bad as forecast.

DHS was a shit show today. I know Galaxy's Edge will bring great new things there, but damn is that park tired AF. Just worn down with terrible crowd flow and shit food.

It will be a different kind of shit show after the whole back of the park is Star Wars, Toy Story, and the new Mickie and Minnie ride. That’s seven rides that will all be about an hour plus wait (counting Midway Mania but not Star Tours which I don’t think is technically in Galaxy’s Edge).

Weather was fine today. Won back to back Disney trivia pool side games with my boys. Unfortunately one is sick and would rather watch Must Do Disney than do Disney. Fortunately, I get to watch Game 7.

Last edited:
Back