• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

The pirates ride sucks

You don't like Yo Ho Yo HO a pirate's life for me?

The Winnie the Pooh ride is really well done, I hated losing Mr. Toad but they hit a nice HR w/ that ride. Lil kids will loveiit.

The playground in the Winnie the Pooh queue is an attraction in itself. One night a few years ago, I watched my then 2 year old play with the bee themed bead coaster for about an hour and a half.

Big Thunder Mountain is turrible. There is zero thrill, and it spends most of its time uncomfortably jerking around.

Downtown Disney sucks, but the Boardwalk is fucking legit. It's gorgeous at night, and Disney's microbrewery is there. Their beers were pretty solid, and the food was probably the best I've had at Disney, too.

I was pretty disappointed that they neutered the Dinosaur and Test Track rides. Space Mountain, Soarin, Midtown Midway, Everest are my favorites.

I'd like to go back and try the Beauty and the Beast roller coaster they've been working on near Fantasyland. That shit looked legit. I think it was based on a mine cart ride?

It's a Seven Dwarfs coaster and it's between Goofy's Barnstormer and Big Thunder Mountain in terms of thrills. Should be opening up soon. New Fantasyland has been a disappointment overall, especially when you consider that they started building before Tangled and Frozen blew up and now they don't have the space to feature them. I haven't been to Universal since before HP but everything they're doing looks so much cooler than what WDW has done over the last 5 years.

Test Track hasn't been neutered unless you believe the rumors that the end could go up to 75 mph.

Big Thunder Mountain is turrible. There is zero thrill, and it spends most of its time uncomfortably jerking around.

Downtown Disney sucks, but the Boardwalk is fucking legit. It's gorgeous at night, and Disney's microbrewery is there. Their beers were pretty solid, and the food was probably the best I've had at Disney, too.

I was pretty disappointed that they neutered the Dinosaur and Test Track rides. Space Mountain, Soarin, Midtown Midway, Everest are my favorites.

I'd like to go back and try the Beauty and the Beast roller coaster they've been working on near Fantasyland. That shit looked legit. I think it was based on a mine cart ride?

It is a mine cart ride, but it's not a Beauty and the Beast ride, it is based on the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It is actually the Dwarfs mine.

That makes more sense. Disappointing, figured it'd be a little more exciting just based on the size of construction.

The redesign on Test Track definitely seemed to neuter it a little. Maybe I'm misremembering its original iteration, but the design your own car crap was lame, and I remembered a larger indoor test track (definitely with cold/heat simulations).

That makes more sense. Disappointing, figured it'd be a little more exciting just based on the size of construction.

The redesign on Test Track definitely seemed to neuter it a little. Maybe I'm misremembering its original iteration, but the design your own car crap was lame, and I remembered a larger indoor test track (definitely with cold/heat simulations).

It's the exact same track, same exact ride, just the design is different.

I liked the old design better. easier to tell what tests they were doing. now it's like you're on some sort of Tron test track.

I liked the old design better. easier to tell what tests they were doing. now it's like you're on some sort of Tron test track.

I thought the new design was stupid... lots of changes for the poor illusion that you're designing a car.

The actual playing in line was fun though.

can we talk about the sweet ride in The Land (used to be Horizons)? i loved that shit; would've hated it as a kid, though

I thought the new design was stupid... lots of changes for the poor illusion that you're designing a car.

The actual playing in line was fun though.

if you do single rider line (which is clearly the way to go unless you have a small kid) the design portion is much smaller but it keeps the line moving.

can we talk about the sweet ride in The Land (used to be Horizons)? i loved that shit; would've hated it as a kid, though

Are you talking about Living with the Land in the The Land? That's always been there.

Mission SPACE used to be Horizons.

When I was a kid I loved all of the corny Epcot rides.

They have ruined Journey into Imagination.

That might be my favorite ride there. I always make the family go. I acknowledge it's kinda boring. I was a biology major though.

The behind the scenes is also good.

My oldest (4.5) has always loved The Land. We've gone on it pretty much every trip to Epcot. He loves to point out all the vegetables and fruits. He likes farmers markets and gardens now, too. I think The Land probably has something to do with that.

It's a Seven Dwarfs coaster and it's between Goofy's Barnstormer and Big Thunder Mountain in terms of thrills. Should be opening up soon. New Fantasyland has been a disappointment overall, especially when you consider that they started building before Tangled and Frozen blew up and now they don't have the space to feature them. I haven't been to Universal since before HP but everything they're doing looks so much cooler than what WDW has done over the last 5 years.

Test Track hasn't been neutered unless you believe the rumors that the end could go up to 75 mph.

test track is for 10 year old boys

it's lame

I'm all for the magic of Disney and all that shit, but threads like this kind of make me dread taking the kids to Disney World. It just seems like an enormous amount of meticulous planning and prep work. If I could go and just ride some rides and see Gepetto's woodshop or whatever, awesome. But having to make meal reservations by calling at exactly 7:30 am on a day 6 months in advance and mapping out an entire multi-day strategy of what rides to ride where and when totally blows.

I'm all for the magic of Disney and all that shit, but threads like this kind of make me dread taking the kids to Disney World. It just seems like an enormous amount of meticulous planning and prep work. If I could go and just ride some rides and see Gepetto's woodshop or whatever, awesome. But having to make meal reservations by calling at exactly 7:30 am on a day 6 months in advance and mapping out an entire multi-day strategy of what rides to ride where and when totally blows.

It's definitely not easy going... not a relaxing vacation. I think it's a lot of fun, but I enjoy on-the-run vacations.

It's a lot more manageable in the winter than summer. January / February can have some cool days, but the crowds are much better.

Back