• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

I think we’re taking the kid as a fifth bday present in May or June. I assume we should be booking that now?

Doing Universal without the Express Pass would take much longer. The Express Pass is $129 per person per day straight up. So it would be worth it to stay in the hotel just for the Express Pass. You could keep the AirBnB and just use the hotel to take a break on the first day.

This is very true. So much difference in the wait and for the difference in hotel.

We’re going in late May. It’ll be close but I think we’ll just miss the opening of the GOTG ride. Maybe that will help with overall crowds.

Disney removed a preview video of the Galactic Cruiser hotel after it got panned in the comments. I didn’t watch it but from what I’ve read, it looked really bad. There are reports that people are cancelling their reservations. Disney is charging $6000 for two nights for a family of four for this. They better get it right.

ph, do you have an email alert that pings whenever this thread catches a post

My wife just booked a Labor Day weekend say at Pop Century, one of the "value" resorts for $196/night. I checked Universal for Labor Day weekend and their lowest price is $124 and $139 for their two Endless Summer resorts. We stayed at the Dockside a few months ago and the rooms are way nicer than anything you get at the value and moderate Disney resorts. Cabana Bay is $174 and it's a short walk to Volcano Bay. The premium resorts start at $356 and come with Express Pass for the entire family.

Obviously, we all know Disney is ridiculously expensive. But rooms at Pop Century used to be reliably under $100. Paying $200 for a motel is just ridiculous.

I am at the point where I hate the all stars and the pop. Aoa.

I’d rather stay off property than the value

Disney World’s Longest Line in Years

I’m relatively confident that no attraction has had an actual wait time of 5 hours or longer post-reopening, and I doubt any have even had posted wait times of 300 minutes or more. In looking at data, the worst posted wait was for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance on Christmas Eve, when it hit 280 minutes.

It thus might come as a surprise that the new “crown” for the longest line at Walt Disney World in at least the last two years is now held by Figment. Not only that, but he claimed that crown during a winter weekday in January for the kickoff of the 2022 Epcot International Festival of the Arts…

It wasn’t the ride version of Figment that drew record crowds at Walt Disney World. To the contrary, Journey into Imagination averaged only a 14 minute wait throughout the day. Rather, it was the $25 Figment Premium Popcorn Bucket with Rainbow Popcorn sold at the Pop Eats Food Studio.

The line for this popcorn bucket was multiple hours long as of Early Entry, and only got worse from there…

Back