• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

So we're staying at a Disney property end of March, and they give you a 60-day window to book restaurants. Apparently the reservation window online opens every day at like 6 AM, which meant my wife legit woke up at 5:30 and signed on to Disney to make reservations like she was logging into work. We tried to get Space 220, but it probably filled up immediately. We did manage to get spots at Jiko, Ohana, Cape May cafe and a few other places but this whole reservation system is crazy.

One thing I ran into while staying on property in the fall is that if you wanted to get something to eat at a resort restaurant off schedule or without a reservation, you might be SOL, I guess due to staffing issues.

Kennedy is so good. When you see the Space Shuttle…

Yes! Awe inspiring. Definitely take the time to do the ride in the Atlantis area. It's unlike any motion ride you've done at a theme park like Mission Space or Star Tours.

Absolutely. Had no idea what to expect but that reveal is really great. The motion ride was fun too. Well done. Saw lots 9f trash people being a holes to people working and trying to do their job. Before I noticed I was wondering why so many people working the attractions were surly. I assumed Florida. Turns out it was earned in response to floridians.

The media embargo for initial reviews of the Star Wars Hotel is over, so reviews are trickling out.

And then there's stuff like this.

Never been to those, but the Port Orleans Riverside pool is fantastic for kids and the poolside activities are a lot of fun.

You go to the park at opening and you leave at closing. There is no time for pool.

We did hit the pools on the day we came in and the Animal Kingdom and Hollywood days, as well as the day we left.

sounds like a nightmare

go until the kids get tired/cranky then go back to the pool

My kids don't tire. They fun through the pain. Although last time we went the 3yo did fall asleep in the kilimanjaro safari line and slept through the entire ride.

planning next Jan, assuming the world isn't consumed in nuclear fire by then. I guess we'll see how it goes for an almost 7 and 3 yr old

planning next Jan, assuming the world isn't consumed in nuclear fire by then. I guess we'll see how it goes for an almost 7 and 3 yr old

I'm looking at October. Ill have the same ages. It's a lot cheaper than I thought it would be.

Correct. And the Boardwalk hotels are in a great location next to Hollywood Studios and Epcot Center.

yeah, as a kid our family always stayed at BC b/c of the back entrance to Epcot. Just wondered if it was holding up.

Jesus, I'll see all you high rollers from the skyliner as I leave my cheapass Popcentury.

sounds like a nightmare

go until the kids get tired/cranky then go back to the pool

Idk man you’ll be at the park for like an hour then.

With an almost 3 and almost 5 yo, we brought a double stroller so they didn’t have to walk and made use of the park hours. Our only pool time was when the then-almost 3yo got an ear infection one day and we sorta had to leave the park. Even then she made it 4 hrs.

Jesus, I'll see all you high rollers from the skyliner as I leave my cheapass Popcentury.

With the age range we had the skyliner was practically the best part of the visit. We stayed at the sister “resort” motel, art of animation or something.

With the age range we had the skyliner was practically the best part of the visit. We stayed at the sister “resort” motel, art of animation or something.

Yeah ours loved it. We had the double stroller as well and the 3yo napped in it a couple times.

Back