• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

We even rode it for a couple hours when having to kill time bw checkout and airport shuttle. Fun times and good nap atmosphere.

We even rode it for a couple hours when having to kill time bw checkout and airport shuttle. Fun times and good nap atmosphere.

We used to do that with the resort monorail to see xmas decorations.

Friendship boats are another good nap place.

Milhouse hating Disney World is the least surprising take in the history of the boards.

Milhouse hating Disney World is the least surprising take in the history of the boards.

well i don't like packed crowds, standing in line or getting ripped off. kudos to those of you who enjoy those things i guess.

i'll walk back the packed crowds thing because i love concerts

I have a guy that works for me who takes his wife and 3 kids to Disneyworld/land like 3 to 4 times a year. I don't understand how he can afford it.

I have a guy that works for me who takes his wife and 3 kids to Disneyworld/land like 3 to 4 times a year. I don't understand how he can afford it.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

jesus. he could go to st john twice a year for the same amount of cash.

You don't pay him enough?

Picture of cata telling his employee not to take his wife and kids to Disney.

Man this Starcruiser thing is.... something else

I read another review that was overwhelmingly positive saying it is the ultimate Star Wars fan experience. But they couldn't justify spending that much on it, especially since it's impossible to do everything on one trip.

Honestly, from what I've read and the clips I've seen, it looks really good. There's obviously much more beyond what I've seen. I'm sure it pops as an immersive experience.

My takeaway from it is once again Disney made a bold move too early. They don't know what's going to hit for people. Last decade, they built New Fantasyland around old properties before Tangled and Frozen were released. This decade, they built Galaxy's Edge as a bland neutral land around a universally disappointing sequel trilogy in which people can't even agree about what disappointed them. Then they compounded that mistake by asking a family of four to pay $6000 for a two day experience ending with Rey vs. Kylo Ren in a lightsaber duel.

If they had built Galaxy's Edge around Tatooine which was central to the original trilogy and prequels, they could have easily integrated The Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett which are the hot Star Wars properties. Instead of one family spending $6000, they could have easily gotten 100 families of four to pay $60 to just spend five minutes with Mando and Grogu (Baby Yoda). They wouldn't even need to build aa hotel, just a decent size queue and character greeting space.

Back