• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

I read another review that was overwhelmingly positive saying it is the ultimate Star Wars fan experience. But they couldn't justify spending that much on it, especially since it's impossible to do everything on one trip.

Honestly, from what I've read and the clips I've seen, it looks really good. There's obviously much more beyond what I've seen. I'm sure it pops as an immersive experience.

My takeaway from it is once again Disney made a bold move too early. They don't know what's going to hit for people. Last decade, they built New Fantasyland around old properties before Tangled and Frozen were released. This decade, they built Galaxy's Edge as a bland neutral land around a universally disappointing sequel trilogy in which people can't even agree about what disappointed them. Then they compounded that mistake by asking a family of four to pay $6000 for a two day experience ending with Rey vs. Kylo Ren in a lightsaber duel.

If they had built Galaxy's Edge around Tatooine which was central to the original trilogy and prequels, they could have easily integrated The Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett which are the hot Star Wars properties. Instead of one family spending $6000, they could have easily gotten 100 families of four to pay $60 to just spend five minutes with Mando and Grogu (Baby Yoda). They wouldn't even need to build aa hotel, just a decent size queue and character greeting space.

Lol, there’s a two hour line for that ride and it’s cool as shit.

Rise of the Resistance is fantastic, but they could have done that ride with any characters. They could have even done it with set in the sequels by not anchoring the land to a specific time period.

Upset that I’ll miss Mako at Disney by a couple of weeks. Would love to eat and drink around EPCOT with ya!

I'll second the Port Orleans French Quarter pool recommendation. Was down there at the start of the month. Favorite quote while sitting poolside was a Dad who got in the water and said "these are the first steps I've taken today that I haven't hated."

Today is the first official day. Last week was 4-hour or 2-day stays for media. I don't plan on going although it seems interesting. Maybe if I had more money and my kids were more into the Star Wars sequels.

This is the most interesting read I've seen on Starcruiser.
https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022...-5000-price-tag-in-disney-world-we-found-out/

With such a shockingly high price tag, many of the people who had been so excited about the project now saw it as unobtainable and as Disney continued to release marketing for the experience, audiences didn’t get the feeling of how immersive the experience truly would be. Cue a lot of hate and rising doubts about how such a hotel could ever be worth $5 grand for two nights.
Now that we’ve been on board, both as guests of the media cruise and paying our own way, we can say that you are NOT dropping that kind of cash for two nights in a hotel. It’s not a hotel at all. It’s a game – a really, really big game.
Galactic Starcruiser is like a cross between a two-day escape room, a choose-your-own-adventure book, and a murder-mystery dinner…but you’re doing them all at once with no answer key.

So, how can Disney justify such a high price when you can stay at a TRUE luxury hotel AND visit the theme parks for a fraction of the cost? You’re not paying for luxury, you’re paying for uniqueness.
Galactic Starcruiser is an experience that is unlike any other. Sure, there are escape rooms and immersive theater – but none of them are both multi-day and supported by such significant technology and creative teams. When this is your only option to have an experience like this, Disney doesn’t have to worry about pricing against the competition.

It seems intriguing but I'm more interested in the rumored escape rooms coming to Universal Citywalk.

Starcruiser also has a dedicated cast of professional actors. Typically, when Disney employs performers, they’re performing for thousands each day and your ticket cost helps to pay them. These performers are improvising much of their performance, performing for small audiences, and wrangling kids (and adults) while they’re at it. Some of the cost of the hotel is working to keep these excellent performers paid.

On top of that, Starcruiser is small with only 100 cabins and suites. This helps keep the experience immersive and gives everyone a chance to get involved, but it also means that only a few hundred people can experience the hotel at a time. So, Disney is pricing for what could be a high-demand, low-supply situation.

I really hope to cast members are getting paid $$$$ for this. It will be disappointing if they're only making $15-20 for interactive constant acting.

This article does a good job drilling down to the few people this is actually for.

[h=3]Can introverts enjoy it?[/h] The experience is also especially scary for introverts. With all this talk of putting yourself out into the story, you might think the immersion wasn’t made for shy folks. There are a few things that help with this.
If you’re tagging along with a more extroverted friend or family member, you could let them do the interacting while you join in for the missions – without having to chat with strange alien characters.

For Star Wars fans, gamers, and escape room fans who are willing to launch full throttle into the story, the experience delivers. If you’re one of these people and it sounds like a must-do, then it could be worth the money since you don’t have an option to do the same thing anywhere else.
Others who experienced the trip had varying answers when asked “Is it worth it?” Some said, absolutely – again and again while others were stuck on the price tag despite loving the experience.
And we spoke to a few people aboard who found it lackluster and felt the game was more like work than play. That very well could be you if you don’t think you’ll be able to buy into the story. There’s only so much to do otherwise and I don’t think you could play enough holo Sabacc and drink enough unlimited Blue Milk to find the experience worth the dough.

Probably there for the Ratatouille ride.

FN_obURWQAAEy0p

Probably did Starcruiser before that. He can afford it.

His wife is definitely hot.

Last edited:
With his resources, if he's not paying for a private Disney guide to skip the lines he's an idiot. Or maybe he's just drinking around the world.

He probably is doing VIP but he still has to get from place to place and yeah he’s probably drinking around the world.

Maybe he has a scooter.

Maybe he has a scooter.

The sheer number of people riding around in scooters probably surprised me most about our visit to Disney last week.

At Universal it was probably 1/10th the number I saw at DW. I get that they're sorta different crowds, but still.

There are far fewer scooters and strollers at Universal. It’s pretty interesting how the parks attract different clientele. Disney corners the market on small children and the elderly.

There are far fewer scooters and strollers at Universal. It’s pretty interesting how the parks attract different clientele. Disney corners the market on small children and the elderly.

Ha, I wish the majority of people I saw in scooters were elderly folks.

We did bring our (8-9) months old infant with us most days/visits and I thought we were crazy for doing that but turns out LOTS of people were there with babies, and saw lots even smaller than him.

Granparents clutched it and watched him for a day while wife and I did Universal, god I love how easy that fastpass system is vs what Disney does. We rode everything we wanted to there across both parks except Velocicoaster because it was down to just one car and slow af (no single rider line). The new Hagrid motorbike ride was really really well done though, pleasantly surprised by that as someone who used to love dueling dragons and was sad to see it go.

The Velocicoaster line is usually quick. It's very well done. I posted above about how on our latest trip we went from the lobby of our hotel to having ridden Velocicoaster in the standby line in 75 minutes.

Disney World is great for babies and infants. There's still plenty to do. They get in free. We loved taking our boys there when they were little. We took our oldest for the first time at 6 months and took our youngest for the first time at 6 weeks. But now they're older and Universal age.

The Velocicoaster line is usually quick. It's very well done. I posted above about how on our latest trip we went from the lobby of our hotel to having ridden Velocicoaster in the standby line in 75 minutes.

Disney World is great for babies and infants. There's still plenty to do. They get in free. We loved taking our boys there when they were little. We took our oldest for the first time at 6 months and took our youngest for the first time at 6 weeks. But now they're older and Universal age.

Yeah, it was having some difficulties that day for whatever reason. Constantly at over 90+ minute estimates and no single rider option.

Next trip I'm gonna try and talk the wife into a night at portofino bay or something so we can get the fastpass built-in plus easy early access to parks. We were staying off-property this trip because of infant bigger family group (so it was nice having a full kitchen/place to hang/etc).

Gotta say I was surprised at the # of rides you could bring infants on haha. He mostly handled em like a champ, I think the thing he really disliked was the muppets theater.

Checked off frozen (finally, close call on that since it was closed at our reservation time and juuust opened up right as we were about to be out of the window, had to chug some margaritas real fast when we realized that), remy (standby on that was pretty fast), and the new avatar flight ride (that was great) at Disney. Will need to revisit to hit up any star wars related rides but did enjoy seeing the new star wars land (even though Hollywood Studios is a fucking disaster in terms of flow/park traffic). That's where staying off-property really bites you/takes away some of the genie+ advantages.

Epcot still my favorite (Disney) park. Animal Kingdom a close second.

Back