• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

I really thought they would go all in on a Star Wars themed area for one of the parks after the LucasFilms acquisition.

So then it should be relatively fresh when that new area opens.

No doubt there are some synergies involved there.

Disney will likely regret this decision for a long time. My kids have never said they wanted to be taken to an Avatar theme park. Harry Potter? Yes. Star Wars? Yes. Marvel? Yes.

Avatar? You mean that movie with the cat people? Meh...

No doubt there are some synergies involved there.

Disney will likely regret this decision for a long time. My kids have never said they wanted to be taken to an Avatar theme park. Harry Potter? Yes. Star Wars? Yes. Marvel? Yes.

Avatar? You mean that movie with the cat people? Meh...

They can't do a Marvel area in Orlando. That would be the obvious addition. You are definitely right about Star Wars.

They can't do a Marvel area in Orlando. That would be the obvious addition. You are definitely right about Star Wars.

Universal has a Marvel area. There's a Hulk coaster and the Spider-Man ride. Sure it's lackluster compared to HP.

Universal has a Marvel area. There's a Hulk coaster and the Spider-Man ride. Sure it's lackluster compared to HP.

I know that, but part of the a Marvel purchase stipulates that Disney essentially can't compete with Unoversal down there with Marvel properties. I think the official rule is East of the Mississippi.

Sucks they cannot expand on the Star Wars universe idea. It will be 20 years before we see a Frozen ride, about how long it took to capture the spirit of my generation's Frozen aka Little Mermaid.

Sucks they cannot expand on the Star Wars universe idea. It will be 20 years before we see a Frozen ride, about how long it took to capture the spirit of my generation's Frozen aka Little Mermaid.

God that movie is so fucking overrated.

The reason they took so long to do anything for Little Mermaid is that half of their prospective customers don't give a shit about her.

Frozen was cute and the music is good. I just think people were thirsty for old school wheelhouse Disney plus the aspect that the two princesses are I N D E P E N D E N T.

If we're talking overrated animation, look no further than the Despicable Me series.

Frozen was cute and the music is good. I just think people were thirsty for old school wheelhouse Disney plus the aspect that the two princesses are I N D E P E N D E N T.

If we're talking overrated animation, look no further than the Despicable Me series.

My wife will slit your throat for that slander.

I think 07 was talking Despicable Me.

The minions are awesome but the rest of those movies really ain't that impressive.

Frozen's cute, I like ole Olaf.

I think 07 was talking Despicable Me.

The minions are awesome but the rest of those movies really ain't that impressive.

Frozen's cute, I like ole Olaf.

I was. I haven't seen Frozen, but my wife liked it ok. My 3 year old niece fucking loved it.

I really thought they would go all in on a Star Wars themed area for one of the parks after the LucasFilms acquisition.

That's another thing with the long range planning. They probably didn't realize they'd have the Star Wars properties in hand right now.

I've heard that's happening for Hollywood Studios but after Avatar Land is complete. They sunk a lot of money into New Fantasyland and Animal Kingdom. Also to do Star Wars right, they've got to figure out how to represent several different worlds over six movies with several more to come.

Also it will likely involve shutting down much of Hollywood Studios.

How "popular" will Harry Potter land be in 7 years tho? If JK doesn't come out w/ another movie...?

I mean, I'm not the target audience and there are a lot of movies I'd rather watch, but Frozen is pretty fantastic.

Agreed. I only saw it once in the theaters. I probably watch Monsters University 3-5 times a week. Boys FTW.

From what I've read, Frozen was an afterthought that wasn't expected to do well. The brass asked of they had anything like Tangled and this Snow Queen script was lying around. Apparently there have been complaints about lack of merchandise. We went to the Disney store in Chicago over thanksgiving to get some stiff for our goddaughter and I was surprised they didn't have much the week after release.

Back