• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

Hollywood is worth a stop only behind Epcot.

On a different note. Seaworld had some deacon representation yesterday.

At least four different groups with same gear on. And all four wirh a “go deacs”

Rafiki’s Planet Watch at AK is closing next month. That area has a lot of potential. Rumors about a Zootopia or Wakanda area.

Oh man, I read that as Zoolander instead of Zootopia. Very sad.

Is this thread strictly World, or all things Disney? I went to Disneyland by myself on Sunday and it was kind of awesome. In Anaheim for a conference, got in early in the day, so decided to go.

Biggest tip was the single rider line for Space Mountain. Standby was 75 minutes and I basically walked right on.

I was at UC-Irvine for a conference several years ago. I regret not taking a day to go to Disneyland.

I was at UC-Irvine for a conference several years ago. I regret not taking a day to go to Disneyland.

Yeah, I debated whether I should go or just chill and relax, but I'm really glad I did it. Left DC at 7am. Arrived at LAX at 9:45am. Was checking into my hotel in Anaheim by 11am and walking through the gates at Disney at 12pm. Stayed until a little after 8pm. Long day, but fun (+9.5 mi walking).

Kind of liberating to go alone and be able do whatever you want whenever. Can walk quickly, swerving around strollers, criss crossing the park as needed. Stop to watch a parade or just have a soda and put feet up for a bit. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters isn't quite as fun by yourself ;-) but overall it was a good time.

Yeah, I debated whether I should go or just chill and relax, but I'm really glad I did it. Left DC at 7am. Arrived at LAX at 9:45am. Was checking into my hotel in Anaheim by 11am and walking through the gates at Disney at 12pm. Stayed until a little after 8pm. Long day, but fun (+9.5 mi walking).

Kind of liberating to go alone and be able do whatever you want whenever. Can walk quickly, swerving around strollers, criss crossing the park as needed. Stop to watch a parade or just have a soda and put feet up for a bit. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters isn't quite as fun by yourself ;-) but overall it was a good time.

I’ve done the red eye to Anaheim and in Disney right after it opens game before too. I remember being at The Haunted Mansion at midnight and not remembering where I was anymore.

Ph (or anyone else who's been this year) - Any can't misses from the Food & Wine Festival this year? I'll be there in 2 weeks.

It was good all-around. There were some different items on the menu, but it's generally familiar if you regularly attend any of the four festivals. There were some really good FL beers in the Wonders of Life pavilion.

Anyone DVC members who have thoughts about the program?

We’re thinking about signing up at Wilderness Lodge.

I know 1 person who’s a member and happy, but he’s a Disney freak.

I think you need to be freak level to do it. We’ve talked to people at the DVC kiosks but it seems like a lot of money for not a lot of benefit unless you live far enough from FL and go a lot.

I think you need to be freak level to do it. We’ve talked to people at the DVC kiosks but it seems like a lot of money for not a lot of benefit unless you live far enough from FL and go a lot.

Seems like it can be advantageous if you’re going and staying on property every year.

They claim you break even at 5 trips, which doesn’t seem unreasonable.

Obviously, Disney makes money by ensuring you keep coming back.

Seems like it can be advantageous if you’re going and staying on property every year.

They claim you break even at 5 trips, which doesn’t seem unreasonable.

Obviously, Disney makes money by ensuring you keep coming back.

Time share + Disney? No way that it’s an overpriced ripoff that you’ll regret in 10 years.

Speaking of Debbie Downer, I heard that the new Star Wars resort will only have 100 rooms. Got to think it will be near $1000 a night.

Speaking of Debbie Downer, I heard that the new Star Wars resort will only have 100 rooms. Got to think it will be near $1000 a night.

Back