• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

All the Universal premier hotels are great, affordable, convenient, and come with Express Pass. Definitely worth it.

My youngest is on his 7th grade field trip to Disney today. Joys of being in FL.

Wife and I are at Disney this weekend for the Race for the Taste 10k this weekend and the Tower of Terror 10 mile tomorrow morning, and I definitely have some thoughts. We did Epcot yesterday and Hollywood Studios tomorrow after the race. That said, should I buy this lightning lane thing because I at least want to see Rise of the Resistance if nothing else. This whole Lightning Lane Genie thing is confusing

Wife and I are at Disney this weekend for the Race for the Taste 10k this weekend and the Tower of Terror 10 mile tomorrow morning, and I definitely have some thoughts. We did Epcot yesterday and Hollywood Studios tomorrow after the race. That said, should I buy this lightning lane thing because I at least want to see Rise of the Resistance if nothing else. This whole Lightning Lane Genie thing is confusing

Yeah unless you want to wait two hours the only way to do rise of resistance is LL + staying on property (which I think y'all are?) so you can attempt to get a spot right when the early hours start (if you're off property you've got no shot at the LL specific attractions).

Even then it might not be guaranteed tbh, it all felt like an absolute crapshoot when we were there a few weeks ago.

Thanks. The 10 miler starts at 5 so I probably won't be on my phone for a while. We are staying on property, Coronado Springs which is kinda nice. I enjoy the ambient Spanish music while you walk around the lake.

Epcot is interesting, a lot of it is under construction. We ended up doing the new Soarin' which is incredible, as well as the Land and Spaceship earth. Didn't feel like waiting a long time to do Remy or some of the other ones around the showcase, and I wanted to get back and rest up before we had to wake up at 2:30 for the 10k.

Thanks. The 10 miler starts at 5 so I probably won't be on my phone for a while. We are staying on property, Coronado Springs which is kinda nice. I enjoy the ambient Spanish music while you walk around the lake.

Epcot is interesting, a lot of it is under construction. We ended up doing the new Soarin' which is incredible, as well as the Land and Spaceship earth. Didn't feel like waiting a long time to do Remy or some of the other ones around the showcase, and I wanted to get back and rest up before we had to wake up at 2:30 for the 10k.

Oof yeah didn't think about that but if you don't have someone who can check phone right when park opens it might not be worth it.

Agreed on all the Epcot construction being annoying, though it's still my favorite park. The Remy line is the only one we ever did standby for and it moved pretty fast. Think they said it'd be 60 minutes and we ended up being on the ride in more like 45.

Hope you’re having fun. I do the Wine and Dine 2 course every year, and it’s my favorite time of the year.

The hardest part of back-to-back races is being on a bus by 4:30 AM two days in a row.

Hope you’re having fun. I do the Wine and Dine 2 course every year, and it’s my favorite time of the year.

The hardest part of back-to-back races is being on a bus by 4:30 AM two days in a row.
Yep. Had to course correct yesterday when the wife wanted to spend the whole day at Epcot. I was done around mid afternoon so I insisted we go back to the hotel and rest.

Today we spent most of the day in the hotel and went to Downtown Disney only to get rained on, so now we're headed to Contemporary for a rooftop fireworks show we reserved in advance that will probably get rained out. At least there's an open bar and food

Wife and I were blown away by Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land. We got s reservation for Oga's Cantina and had a great time there. Our feet were killing us from having run 10 miles that morning, but we pushed through the pain.

Disappointed that we didn't get to do ROR. The wait times were all at least a few hours, and the ride actually ended up breaking down a few times. We bought two Lightning Lane passes for Millennium Falcon which was well worth it. We got stuck with a British family as pilots who crashed into literally everything.

I loved what Disney did with Toy Story land. The buildup to Toy Story Mania was really good and very well done. I loved the nostalgia and seeing replicas of some of my favorite toys as a kid, like the Viewmaster and Tinker Toys.

The new Minnie and Mickey train ride was a lot of fun, but it doesn't have the gravity of the Great American Movie Ride, which was a classic. Now it's just a ride, albeit entertaining. What was Disney's reasoning for doing away with it?

Disney is all about attractions based on IPs. Mickey and Minnie Mouse are the ultimate Disney IPs and this is the first attraction based on those characters.

Disney is all about attractions based on IPs. Mickey and Minnie Mouse are the ultimate Disney IPs and this is the first attraction based on those characters.
That never occurred to me, but wow that is pretty crazy now that you mention it.

I haven't been to Hollywood in years, but what was Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land before, or did they just add on to the park?

That never occurred to me, but wow that is pretty crazy now that you mention it.

I haven't been to Hollywood in years, but what was Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land before, or did they just add on to the park?

Both add-ons.

Too bad you missed RotR. It’s an 11 to the Millennium Falcon’s 5.

I know, but I'm pretty sure we kept checking the status on the Disney app and it broke down three different times.

We had a great time this weekend but not in a huge hurry to go back. There were tons of people, the Genie system is confusing, and a lot of the extras are missing. No parades or other things to do besides wait in lines and eat/drink.

Both add-ons.

Too bad you missed RotR. It’s an 11 to the Millennium Falcon’s 5.

Without RoR, Galaxy’s Edge is underwhelming after the first visit. There’s little to actually see or do without paying extra that’s not a ride or eating. I haven’t been since I started going to Universal so I’m sure it will look more underwhelming by comparison.

Galaxy’s Edge replaced Streets of America (where the Osborne lights were), Honey I Strunk the Kids playground, Backlot quick service dining, Lights, Motor, Action stunt show, a Lightning McQueen photo op, a Monsters Inc photo op, and the Backlot Tour which had been closed awhile before they started building.

Toy Story Land was partly an add-on. I think it was a cast member parking lot and the area closest to Galaxy’s Edge may have been part of the Backlot Tour.

Just got here today - haven't been here in almost thirty years, which is crazy. Didn't jump on a dinner reservation fast enough, so it's Uber Eats, but we're hitting the Rick Bayless restaurant Thursday night, so that should be fun. We've already decided we're just going to pace ourselves and try to come back next year (our son is five and he's a handful), so we'll do what we can do, and if we chill at the resort some, that's cool too.

That’s a good attitude to have.

Just got here today - haven't been here in almost thirty years, which is crazy. Didn't jump on a dinner reservation fast enough, so it's Uber Eats, but we're hitting the Rick Bayless restaurant Thursday night, so that should be fun. We've already decided we're just going to pace ourselves and try to come back next year (our son is five and he's a handful), so we'll do what we can do, and if we chill at the resort some, that's cool too.

I know it's not helpful for tonight, but keep checking for dinner rezzies throughout the day/evening on the night prior to when you'd want to eat out too.. lots of people cancel before they hit the 24 hr mark and would get dinged/charged for not showing up.

I assume you're not staying on property or are at a park tonight because there are plenty of dining options that don't require a reservation. Even if you want a nice sit down, just check the app and there should be something available somewhere, especially at Disney Springs.

Alright, so when we go to Florida for a couple weeks this summer we've decided to do a day at one of the theme parks. We did the Disney thing last summer, and I have a 4 and 7 year old so Universal parks aren't really a great option. Right now we have a Hilton package with Sea World tix for everyone for about 400. This seem like the best way to do Orlando for a day with these ages, or do y'all have other suggestions? How is Legoland?

Alright, so when we go to Florida for a couple weeks this summer we've decided to do a day at one of the theme parks. We did the Disney thing last summer, and I have a 4 and 7 year old so Universal parks aren't really a great option. Right now we have a Hilton package with Sea World tix for everyone for about 400. This seem like the best way to do Orlando for a day with these ages, or do y'all have other suggestions? How is Legoland?

Put a high number sunscreen on your bald spot (like 70+), because the Florida sun is no joke in the summer.

Back