• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

Solid advice. Tip 13 about the parades is silly. If you want to see daytime parades, see them. A new Magic Kingdom daytime parade just debuted on Sunday that supposed to be very cool and different. Unless you're a dwarf, there's no reason to sit on a curb for an hour saving a space for the daytime or nighttime parade. Just stand up and carry your kid.

Tip 15 is outdated. They have a new Magic Band system you can use so that all your information is in a bracelet. If you don't want to do that, do the fingerprints.

Tip 16 is very outdated with the new FastPass+ system. The parks are even more crowded now and lines are longer even if you have FastPass+.

For Tip 18, there are plenty of great spots to see Illuminations. Didn't think about it until I was there on Saturday, but the Japan counter service restaurant up the stairs probably has a good view.

I've never heard of Tip 19. My kids have fallen just short of height requirements and no cast member has offered them a future pass.

Tip 20: thanks for ruining the California Grill by turning it into romper room.

201403-w-disney-tips-character-meals-chef-mickey.jpg

bitch_stole_my_fish_funny_picture.jpg

Just got back. Plenty of positive, But the food is just terrible. Messed me up real bad. And so many fat people. I have never seen so many chick guts in one place at one time. Either that or every woman over 14 was pregnant (also possible, I assume). And so many seemingly "healthy" looking people rolling around on motorized scooters. Seems like a lot of them are just lazy bastards and/or scammers who want to get to the front of the lines.

Fortunately, did not stay at an overpriced Disney resort so had great breakfasts and room service at least.

And pretty much everybody in America between the ages of 16-40 now has a tattoo, mostly the prison variety.

where did you eat dinner(s)?

Luce at the Hilton (excellent)--no kids

Peacock Alley at the Waldorf Astoria (good small plates)--no kids

Chef Mickey was horrible.

Lunches were horrible and the walk around snacking food is what you'd expect.

Luce at the Hilton (excellent)--no kids

Peacock Alley at the Waldorf Astoria (good small plates)--no kids

Chef Mickey was horrible.

Lunches were horrible and the walk around snacking food is what you'd expect.

didn't want to try any of Disney's higher-end offerings?

otherwise i agree, most of the in-park food is generic and terrible. World Showcase has some good stuff, though.

didn't want to try any of Disney's higher-end offerings?

otherwise i agree, most of the in-park food is generic and terrible. World Showcase has some good stuff, though.

more a factor of time

will be back for sure and do more extensive research

Where'd you go for lunches? Epcot has some decent places for that at least (Via Napoli), and at Hollywood Studios the Brown Derby isn't bad for a lunch (we ate in their outdoor section that did small plates and cocktails/beers).. though I can imagine with kids it's a little bit different.

My biggest issue is it cost almost 200 fucking dollars for 3 peeps (1 beer and 1 cocktail) plus a toddler who ate for free at chef mickey's for really bad BUFFET!

Yeah, the cost is pretty damn awful. No arguments there.

I don't know anybody who has gone to Chef Mickey for the food. I would have recommended doing lunch at Tusker House at Animal Kingdom and the Flower & Garden Festival small plates booths at Epcot. I'm not that familiar with the st down dining at Magic Kingdom, but I've heard the new Be Our Guest is decent enough for lunch. Hollywood Studios has some good salads. Food overall is best at Epcot with Animal Kingdom a solid second.

I don't know anybody who has gone to Chef Mickey for the food. I would have recommended doing lunch at Tusker House at Animal Kingdom and the Flower & Garden Festival small plates booths at Epcot. I'm not that familiar with the st down dining at Magic Kingdom, but I've heard the new Be Our Guest is decent enough for lunch. Hollywood Studios has some good salads. Food overall is best at Epcot with Animal Kingdom a solid second.

here are my quick impressions

Hollywood studios has a couple of good rides but otherwise sucks

animal kingdom is probably the best overall park but i couldn't do any of the best rides because it was just me and the toddler that day (wife and teen at Universal---grrrr)

need more time at epcot

MK is iconic, a real classic--what can you complain about other than the crappy food

did not see the fireworks

Forgot about horrible seafood dinner at Fulton Crab whatever at downtown Disney

DT Disney is kind of lame

Never got to boardwalk

Wanted to do a flying fish

Back