• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ron Wellman/Selection Committee Selfie

Absolutely. And the defense of using the F-word is remarkably similar to arguments frequently made about the N-word.

How do you defend using that word? "I have gay friends that are OK with it, so I can use it?"

Well... This is certainly not what I expected when I opened the thread.

The selfie is officially a dying fad. If Ron Wellman and my mom are doing it, it's days of popularity are numbered.

Just wait for the Selection Committee Harlem Shake video

If someone dropped the n-word on a thread, there would be universal condemnation and probably an instant permaban. Why is the F-word different again?

just searched the F-word on this site and other than 1 poster asking if Frank Martin called his player a faggot, the last time the F-word was involved in a thread was in December 2013 and zqglass was part of that too. Doubling down indeed.

Probably should have added gaybone to the list earlier.

ETA: not calling for zqglass to be banned, but he definitely should stop using/referencing that word.

Last edited:
How do you defend using that word? "I have gay friends that are OK with it, so I can use it?"

Well, two of the two people defending it did just that so yeah. Not a good defense, but then it isn't a good defense to say "I have heard black friends use the n-word to address each other in a friendly manner".

Lurker, I was making fun of the people who say "Well black people call each other that all the time; why can't I?" I do see that glass and to a lesser degree Creamy used that defense.

Yeah that's it...

Yeah, the "you must be butthurt" response his is standard negrep whenever he's been called out for stupid bigoted posts in the past. I can't shake the mental image of a stoner 20-something dude living with his parents and busing tables a Macaroni Grill, while laughing like Butthead at what he thinks are his funny posts here on the forums.

haha you guys are awesome. considering i've gotten twice as many pos reps as neg reps about the whole situation speaks volumes as to how the people on this board feel about you dumbasses making a big deal out of nothing. its the internet, gtfo of here with your "greater than thou" "you can't say that" pussy ass bullshit.

thread_direction.png

i just don't get the gall of somebody like dv7 (who i like a lot as a poster) ranting about somebody else being offensive. seems hypocritical. like if i would do it.

haha you guys are awesome. considering i've gotten twice as many pos reps as neg reps about the whole situation speaks volumes as to how the people on this board feel about you dumbasses making a big deal out of nothing. its the internet, gtfo of here with your "greater than thou" "you can't say that" pussy ass bullshit.

you go right on saying slurs. good for you.

Because there is a massive difference between being mean and offensive and using hate speech. That shouldn't be difficult to understand.

just searched the F-word on this site and other than 1 poster asking if Frank Martin called his player a faggot, the last time the F-word was involved in a thread was in December 2013 and zqglass was part of that too. Doubling down indeed.

Probably should have added gaybone to the list earlier.

ETA: not calling for zqglass to be banned, but he definitely should stop using/referencing that word.

Somebody was banned for it a while ago, IIRC. Can't find the thread announcing the ban (I remember the discussion more clearly from the Mod Board), but there is this.

You're lying.

By my count, you've gotten more neg reps than pos reps, and that includes the unintentional posrep Barca gave you.

i just don't get the gall of somebody like dv7 (who i like a lot as a poster) ranting about somebody else being offensive. seems hypocritical. like if i would do it.

Well, dv7 isn't a Jew hater, so he's got that going for him...

Back