• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ron Wellman/Selection Committee Selfie

Just so everyone is aware, the mods are discussing zqglass's hate speech.

i called ron wellman the F word jokingly and i had no idea that it had been "banned". i mean c'mon guys really? i wasn't using it towards anyone personally, or in an extremely hateful tone. i apologize if i offended any homosexuals.

Would you call someone the N-word jokingly?

of course not. look, i was alluding to the "tourette's guy" video where he says "who's the F with the tuba". i don't feel any ill will towards homosexuals, as i've said i'm friends with quite a few. i pushed the envelope by using it on here, i don't use it in reality. i won't use it again. but really, i didn't let it fly towards a poster or someone who would actually read it. give me a mulligan.

zqglass should be banned for begging. It's unbecoming.

18Gz67t

i just don't get the gall of somebody like dv7 (who i like a lot as a poster) ranting about somebody else being offensive. seems hypocritical. like if i would do it.

Because there is a massive difference between being mean and offensive and using hate speech. That shouldn't be difficult to understand.

I had the same first impression, Milhouse, but deleted my (somewhat glib) post about it and apologized because dv7 is right. There's a clear difference here. And I don't think dv7 has antagonized anyone on the boards more than me. One of them is internet tough guy, another one is straight up internet hate speech, and something a young person in this country should have left in middle school.

Last edited:
of course not. look, i was alluding to the "tourette's guy" video where he says "who's the F with the tuba". i don't feel any ill will towards homosexuals, as i've said i'm friends with quite a few. i pushed the envelope by using it on here, i don't use it in reality. i won't use it again. but really, i didn't let it fly towards a poster or someone who would actually read it. give me a mulligan.

Yeah, don't beg. Makes you sound like a pussy. I'd give you the mulligan, though. People have to take it easy on this sort of thing. This is a sports message board for goodness sake. Let's not make every slip-up into a federal case.

With the mods' decision looming, here's a "look back" at some of the highlight's of Macaroni Grill Boy's posting career:

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/15753-Wake-Fans?
BBD's posts of ZQ's twitter account are particularly great:
zach glass ‏@zqglass
@blink182 if it weren't for you guys I wouldn't know how to harmonize, at all.

zach glass ‏@zqglass
@fortodayband not a christian but love your music. christians should be proud of what you guys do.

zach glass ‏@zqglass
@rustyrockets would love to defend the ginger population against the malicious allegations & generalizations raised against us #liveonfx

zach glass ‏@zqglass
@CarsonD33 wish you woulda stayed at wake, dont blame you for leaving though #gotoutwhilethegettingwasgood
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

5 Feb zach glass ‏@zqglass
@farouq1 ROOOUUUUQ! miss watching you play man. def wish you woulda stayed at wake one more year, dont blame you for leaving though #godeacs
Expand

@SamSwank1 miss watching you play man. greatest kicker in ACC history IMO. #goldenfoot #godeacs
Expand

@HaitianSaint miss watching you play man. one of my all time favorite wake players. #haitiansensation #godeacs
Expand

@RealChipVaughn miss watching you play man. one of my all time favorite wake players. #godeacs
Expand

@_KM16 did you play at wake forest?
Expand

@FBCoachRussell miss watching you play man, one of my all time favorite wake players. #godeacs
Expand

@thenewVUgattis please come coach at your alma mater, it must suck having to beat up on your old school haha.
Expand

@Vman44 VYTAAAAAAAS. miss watching you play man. #godeacs
Expand

@DariusSongaila1 miss watching you play man. will always be one of my favorite wake players #godeacs
Expand

@trentstrickland miss seeing those crazy dunks man. #glorydays #godeacs
Expand

@JustinGray1 miss watching you play man. will always be one of my all time favorite deacs. #glorydays #godeacs
Expand

@LD_Williams_4 i think the current WFU basketball team could use some of that passion you used to bring. #peptalk
Expand

@jamlevy miss watching you play man. you were always one of my favorite basketball players.

And who could forget this masterpiece in insider reporting? The 1.5 month turnaround from hating Wake fans in the post above to being full-on Buzz hating in this post is particularly impressive.
http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/16957-my-convo-with-tyler-cavanaugh?highlight=macaroni
Him and his family came into Mac Grill last night, (his dad is at least 7 foot tall btw), and I got a chance to talk to tyler while watching the end of the Wichita St. v. Ohio St. game. His family are all great people and it was fun talking basketball with them. Anyways, after the game I decided to approach tyler and tell him that just because most Wake fans are buzzout, some more adamant than others, it doesn't reflect our feelings towards the players and organization as a whole in the least bit and that no matter who the coach was we are proud of them and support them 100%.

His response was a small smile, and he said something like, "yeah, well if we finished every game strong we would have been above .500 and maybe even in the tourney. and we're all young and aren't good on the road. we're just gonna keep working hard and looking forward to a great season next year."

I agreed with his stance on how this season could have easily been a success, brought up Va Tech, BC, GT, Duke, Seton Hall, Uconn etc.. Then he continued, "and about all of the negative stuff about coach, the only thing that bothers the players is we just find it weird that some people are crazy enough to devote so much time, energy, and money to ruining a man's career. there's just some crazy people in that group"

I bit my tongue hard on that one, what I wanted to say was, "that snotty nosed cunt is ruining his own god damned career, and if he devoted as much energy and passion towards wake basketball as we do trying to get him canned then we would have been in the fucking tournament this year."

But I just went with, "well you know how people are when they love something..." He agreed and shrugged his shoulders, and continued again, "they have been having people meet with us the past few weeks and talk about all of the anti jeff and anti ron stuff thats been all over the news. and they've just been telling us to ignore it, that its not worth the distraction or wasted time worrying about it."

After hearing that I immediately wanted to delve into that more, but realized it wasn't the proper time or place to begin a full on investigation into what sounded like brainwashing (i mean really? PEOPLE have been meeting with you? who? when? where? was jeff or ron there?). So I thanked him for his business, reaffirmed my support for him and his teammates, and left the table.

Last edited:
Yeah, don't beg. Makes you sound like a pussy. I'd give you the mulligan, though. People have to take it easy on this sort of thing. This is a sports message board for goodness sake. Let's not make every slip-up into a federal case.

hey you can't call people the P word on here. you're so fucked. mods, ban this man.

This place is amusing. You can literally call anybody anything, but once you go against the grain on the whole gay thing, be prepared to be crucified. That said, even I know not to call somebody a faggot. At least not on the boards.

A lot of folks on here throw the term 'cock sucker' around but don't get sent to band camp. I'm not clear on all these rules.

Back