• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka

I briefly scanned the seven pages but didn't see it mentioned. Shaka to Wake(or anywhere in the near future) is unlikely when VCU announced they are building a $25 million dollar practice facility this week; diverting about $10.5 million from student fees to help make it happen.

people talking out of their asses and trying to seem important are the god damn worst. especially on a message board. if you know something than say something meaningful instead of tossing out vague allusions.

otherwise shut the fuck up.

I don't give a shit about looking cool on this message board and as you can tell I mostly read and don't post. Just relaying a conversation with someone who knew that Shaka would be interested if the opportunity came about.

I don't know anything about what Wellman is going to do. For christ sakes we haven't even fired buzz yet.

All I was getting at is the fact that if the job opens Shaka will entertain it. A lot of rumblings that he will never happen and that may not be the case

I briefly scanned the seven pages but didn't see it mentioned. Shaka to Wake(or anywhere in the near future) is unlikely when VCU announced they are building a $25 million dollar practice facility this week; diverting about $10.5 million from student fees to help make it happen.

Wasn't CU doing the same thing when Bz left? Different situations I realize, but I doubt a practice facility is going to get in the way if both parties are intent on making it happen.

Add to that, Pitino, Roy, Relationships and Boeheim are about to retire. You hit the ground running, and a couple of big boys stub their toes on their inhouse hires, and Wake could be the new Dick. UNC is the only 1 of those 4 likely to go outside family with their hire.

I don't get why some of y'all are trashing the OP when a couple of others have heard the same thing. But I guess the elephant in the livingroom is his Premiership is reportedly not shelling out $2.5+mil for a coach, so however possible it might be to get Shaka, it ain't happening. Ron Wellman is LOWF.

Boeheim is being replaced by Mike Hopkins. K will be replaced by a Dookie. They may be grooming Hubert Davis to replace Forest.

Shaka will listen, but we will have to pay the going plus a premium for us sucking so badly now.

Last edited:
If Wellman has the ego everyone says he has, he had damn well better hire the best coach available, regardless of money. If he hired Shaka, most everyone would forgive the Bzaster. That would shock me, but damn it would be great.

If Wellman went out and got Shaka, all would be forgiven. It would be the most improbable redemption in the history of redemptions.

With that said, it's never going to happen.

I think the major hurdle is "Havoc" is too brash for most Wake Foresters.

We'd have to call it something like, "Mild Irritant" or "Trivial Unpleasantness"

Sources in the VCU AD implied Shaka would be interested. Sources close to the Wake AD have implied Wake isn't interested in Shaka.

Considering that Wellman's searches have typically been very secretive, that sounds pretty good. The fact is pretty much no one knows what Wellman is thinking. People "close to the program" know what Wellman wants them to know.

people talking out of their asses and trying to seem important are the god damn worst. especially on a message board. if you know something than say something meaningful instead of tossing out vague allusions.

otherwise shut the fuck up.

+1

There's nothing vague about what I've said. There was nothing vague when I posted he wouldn't take either the State, IL or MN jobs. I stated he wasn't looking to go to another big state school. Many here were certain he'd take the IL job. Then they were sure he'd join his buddy in MN. Each time I was told I was wrong. I was told I was "talking out my ass". Hmmm....what came to be reality?

I also stated the dissolving of the A-10 would help. I also said his wife's future is important to him and should be part of our negotiation.

I stated last year that the number would have been about $2.75M/8 years. I also stated then there would be a premium if we waited. Hence the number is now about $3.25M and could go higher.

We have a realistic shot but not at $2.5M. Hopefully Wellman learned his lesson when he low balled Stevens.

There's nothing vague about what I've said. There was nothing vague when I posted he wouldn't take either the State, IL or MN jobs. I stated he wasn't looking to go to another big state school. Many here were certain he'd take the IL job. Then they were sure he'd join his buddy in MN. Each time I was told I was wrong. I was told I was "talking out my ass". Hmmm....what came to be reality?

I also stated the dissolving of the A-10 would help. I also said his wife's future is important to him and should be part of our negotiation.

I stated last year that the number would have been about $2.75M/8 years. I also stated then there would be a premium if we waited. Hence the number is now about $3.25M and could go higher.

We have a realistic shot but not at $2.5M. Hopefully Wellman learned his lesson when he low balled Stevens.

RJ used 12 variants of "I," "me," or "my" in this post.

Screw you guys for making me think we have a halfway decent shot at Shaka.

When called out, it's quite appropriate.

The facts are the facts.

He wasn't calling you out you stupid attention whore. Not one single person on this forum thinks you have any inside information about anything regarding this coaching search, the precious coaching search, or anything else for that matter.

If we stay true to LOWF, then we will again turn our backs on athletic success.

I know that's not particularly inside information but still, people tend to forget (in their moments of optimism) our history of this.

Last edited:
Back