• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

April Fools

Who was it that started a long campaign against a fellow co-worker a few years ago that basically had their buddy in the office next door going insane. Started with screwing with the sound on their phone, later made it’s way to the key board of the computer. I laughed at that thread for weeks.

That was back when I had a little more privacy to prepare. Now I'm sharing an office with 4 people. Zero alone time. The phone prank was when I only had 1 officemate and he constantly yelled into his speakerphone. (He just moved back in the office on Monday - it appears he learned office phone etiquette) The keyboard guy no longer works here. That was just payback for wrapping my desk with foil when I was on vacation. The lady that helped him had all of her snack food containers mysteriously super glued shut. I could revisit the keyboard with the guy that just moved back into the office. I would have to Prime a new keyboard immediately to use on Tuesday. I haven't scoped out his laptop to see if the fob would conceal easily. I think I'll do a little recon and prank him on a future date. IT has blocked most computers from adding equipment, but he has been offsite for a while and might be off the IT radar. 4/1 is too suspicious to reuse a prank.

Assuming we haven't hired a coach by then, I propose a moratorium on April Fool's threads on the sports board.

7 day bans if anyone posts bullshit about a new coach. No joke.

Ctrl+Alt+Down Arrow to flip someone's monitor display is pretty awesome if they aren't very computer literate. They'll freak out and typically have to call IT.

Another GREAT one is the tape on the bottom of the mouse. I've had one coworker end up shattering his mouse, and one last week replaced his taped mouse with a new one. Please do this and report back. I convinced one guy (after removing the tape) that I had hit the "reset"' button on the mouse to fix it.

My coworkers have had issues with parking tickets so I set up a fake email account towing@gmail.com to let them know their cars have been towed.

JNfN77x.gif

Quick easy pre Fool's prank. I put an out of order sign on the only elevator and flipped the breakers off. Only 1 person in this building would actually need the elevator, but she works on the 1st floor; so no one has actually been stranded. I had a coworker assist by making sure no one was using the elevator when I turned it off. Numerous overweight people work on the 2nd floor. I've heard quite a bit of bitching and moaning.

1. Late on March 31st, bring paperclip to copy room and run off 20-30 copies of paper clip
2. Put paper back in copier
3. On April 1, folks making copies get paper clip in their copies, and look all around copier for offending paper clip.

Someone reported to one of our admins that a paperclip is stuck in the printer.

Someone reported to one of our admins that a paperclip is stuck in the printer.

Nice.

Quick dry erase marker attack on the auto feed glass. Everyone's copies have huge smears on them this morning.

Back