• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 3 Choices

There is zero on air press coverage. Why aren't people talking about it? I'm looking for something bold, flashy, and #splashy! Bring back the fucking swagggger!

Can you imagine how rockin' the Joel would be for Shaka's first game?

Think about it, Ronnie!

What people are also ignoring is that coaches are aware of the structural pressures in their salaries at certain schools. It takes a lot for Harvard to pay 700k to amaker. It's v hard to sustain that in a lean year. Same with shaka at VCU. We aren't texas but even we could pay Bzz more than what VCU paid shaka. Coaches get that, particularly if they are looking for a long term home

Harvard couldn't find a way to peel off some of that $40 Billion endowment if they needed to?

Harvard couldn't find a way to peel off some of that $40 Billion endowment if they needed to?

Why would they? They didn't get a huge endowment by spending money where they aren't going to get a solid ROI. Athletics makes money for a good number of schools, I would be stunned if it makes much, if any, for Harvard.

Why would they? They didn't get a huge endowment by spending money where they aren't going to get a solid ROI. Athletics makes money for a good number of schools, I would be stunned if it makes much, if any, for Harvard.

To hold onto a coach they wanted

To hold onto a coach they wanted

I think you are overvaluing the opinion Harvard and their alums have of Athletics. If a major conference puts out an offer, there is absolutely zero chance Harvard offers. I can't believe this conversation is even happening.

I doubt they can use endowment money for athletics. Harvard has an insanely generous financial aid program. A lot of people (relative of mine included) paid virtually nothing to go to Harvard and the aid packages often are way better than the other top tier schools. Clearly a large number of those kids go on to make a lot of money. Harvard instills in them a sense of "please give another student the opportunity an alumni gave you". Thats where a lot of the endowment giving comes from.

Athletics are very different. Amakers salary is due to a drive that raised money specifically for his salary. Harvard doesn't generate enough to pay for it.

I think you are overvaluing the opinion Harvard and their alums have of Athletics. If a major conference puts out an offer, there is absolutely zero chance Harvard offers. I can't believe this conversation is even happening.

My point was, if there is any school that could have the ability to hold onto the coach they wanted, it would be the one with the $40 B endowment.

This answer is better than mine

Why no mention on this thread of Masiello? He's a realistic option that i'd take over White, Amaker, or Howland.

Ron likes experience. If you want an up and comer, he better take his team to the Sweet 16 or further for Ron to notice.

Agreed

The bright side: this is already a more positive search than the last where Wellman decided on Jeff [Redacted] 48 hours after canning Dino

Last edited:
Ron likes experience. If you want an up and comer, he better take his team to the Sweet 16 or further for Ron to notice.

Ron Wellman is an asshole with no vision who's completely built his reputation off the success of a single football recruiting class.

Back