• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 3 Choices

Howland to Marquette is a good thing for us.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

With the reports this morning that Howland wants Marquette and Marquette is interested in Howland, I'm afraid he's going to be off the table pretty soon. So if Shaka says no, Amaker may be the guy.

Yeah, but if you are Howland, you want to appear to have other options, even if he knows he wants Wake. Make Wake feel some pressure to go ahead and seal the deal. It might be true that he wants Marquette, but I wouldn't read any more into those comments that what we already know: Howland is available and so are a few HC positions.

I'm interested to know Ron's #4 and #5. Say Howland goes to Marquette, Amaker stays at Harvard or goes to BC, and Shaka stays at VCU. I would hope Archie is #4, but it's becoming clear that RW does not prefer anyone who doesn't have 5+ years of HC experience. Is it really going to be Russell Turner or one of the DONKS discussed earlier (Mooney, Paulsen, Reed)?

I'm confused at the thought someone would be happier with Amaker over Howland. Amaker provides zero excitement IMO. Archie, White, Masiello over Amaker by a long shot.

I'm interested to know Ron's #4 and #5. Say Howland goes to Marquette, Amaker stays at Harvard or goes to BC, and Shaka stays at VCU. I would hope Archie is #4, but it's becoming clear that RW does not prefer anyone who doesn't have 5+ years of HC experience. Is it really going to be Russell Turner or one of the DONKS discussed earlier (Mooney, Paulsen, Reed)?

Given that Hatch is holding Wellman's hand on this, I see no way Wellman is allowed to take another flyer on a coach with such a lackluster resume.

Shaka won't come unless he is paid 4+mill per year. Looks like Howland, but Wake needs to move fast.

There's four coaches in the country who make that kind of money: Self, Pitino, Calipari, and K.

Shaka is good, but he can't command that kind of money. $2.5-3 million is more realistic.

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 28s
Meantime, I’m told Wake’s search is focused on “current head coaches.” Which is silly. Wake should talk to Howland, too. And Jeff Capel.

Oh, Ron.

Will Brinson ‏@WillBrinson 1m
@GaryParrishCBS #archie

Howland to Marquette is starting to get louder. No clue how credible the sources are or what Wellman is doing.

If nothing else, Marquette may drive up Howland 's asking price above what we're willing to pay for him. He would have been a steal at 1.8 million, but at 3 million? You have to consider other candidates that come into play with that kind of money.

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 28s
Meantime, I’m told Wake’s search is focused on “current head coaches.” Which is silly. Wake should talk to Howland, too. And Jeff Capel.

Oh, Ron.

Will Brinson ‏@WillBrinson 1m
@GaryParrishCBS #archie

Lol Ron. If babydeac says Ron likes howland, I'm trusting him over this source.

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 2m
Nothing wrong with hiring a current head coach, obviously. But why limit the pool of candidates? I’ll never understand the logic in that.

Please don't dig deep Wellman. There are 7 candidates I'd be happy with, 5 of which are feasible hires (Miller, White, Howland, Amaker, Masiello).

I don't understand why we haven't contacted Howland, unless this source is wrong.

Surely this culture BS still isn't running this show

Baby said RW likes Howland. That could mean he's #1 or #6. Seeing as we haven't hired him and Ron was in Wash last night, I imagine Amaker is higher on the list than Howland.

Baby said RW likes Howland. That could mean he's #1 or #6. Seeing as we haven't hired him and Ron was in Wash last night, I imagine Amaker is higher on the list than Howland.

I don't think Ron was in Spokane. Seth Davis did the in-studio post game for TNT/TBS last night (from Atlanta? NYC?). I believe the ¨Ron Wellman is in the building¨ tweet was interpreted incorrectly.

Yep. And Amaker isn't the hire we need right now. He's a solid coach and did well at Harvard, but that's not the acc.

That said, I'm fully prepared for his hiring.

Back