• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 3 Choices

I love how fluid this arbitrary number is becoming.

Friday it was $3 million.....today it is $4 million....by Tuesday it will be up to $5 million.....

Reading lots of LOWF posts on here about how we "can't" get SHAKA...... Wake is a great job....if Shaka truly wants to coach at a school that puts a high value on education, name a school other thank Duke that would be a better fit??

I agree with RJ - hiring Howland would be a big mistake - too many red flags

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 28s
Meantime, I’m told Wake’s search is focused on “current head coaches.” Which is silly. Wake should talk to Howland, too. And Jeff Capel.

Oh, Ron.

Will Brinson ‏@WillBrinson 1m
@GaryParrishCBS #archie

That is extremely good news if true. I want no parts of Capel and am very close to being back to my original Howland out position.

Friday it was $3 million.....today it is $4 million....by Tuesday it will be up to $5 million.....

Reading lots of LOWF posts on here about how we "can't" get SHAKA...... Wake is a great job....if Shaka truly wants to coach at a school that puts a high value on education, name a school other thank Duke that would be a better fit??

Stanford

If Shaka doesn't leave for wake, he's either determined to stay at VCU or he's waiting for duke to open up.

I've been saying for months the price for Shaka will be $3-4M. I've posted $35M/10 and a tenured professorship for his wife as being about the sweet spot.

Before people get crazy about her job, let's think about for a minute. One of her specialties (Harvard/Northwestern grad) is entrepreneurship. This is an extremely wise business decision for our school. Shaka will bring tens of millions of dollars in revenues. Her salary and benefits are a drop in the bucket. It's a very wise use of funds and logical cost of doing business.

I've been saying for months the price for Shaka will be $3-4M. I've posted $35M/10 and a tenured professorship for his wife as being about the sweet spot.

Before people get crazy about her job, let's think about for a minute. One of her specialties (Harvard/Northwestern grad) is entrepreneurship. This is an extremely wise business decision for our school. Shaka will bring tens of millions of dollars in revenues. Her salary and benefits are a drop in the bucket. It's a very wise use of funds and logical cost of doing business.

You would get a TON of pushback from already frustrated professors on that front.

That number is dead wrong for shaka. He is making bzd money now. We don't need to pay him more than double what he is making now to take a high profile job. Nonsense talk.

You would get a TON of pushback from already frustrated professors on that front.

Then they shouldn't be teaching in a business/entrepreneurship school. Of all people, they should get it the most.

LOWF lives deeply in 07. What's your next excuse?

Dawkins isn't getting fired and K isn't leaving for years. Does Shaka want to wait five years and pray K doesn't give the job to Wojo?

Just answering the question. I suspect the Duke AD learned enough from Gutheridge's epic failure down the road to know that the job is not K's to give.

Just answering the question. I suspect the Duke AD learned enough from Gutheridge's epic failure down the road to know that the job is not K's to give.

K has ultimate power over the AD at Duke for this. Whether Wojo gets fired after 3-5 years is a legitimate possibility. The job is his.

Then they shouldn't be teaching in a business/entrepreneurship school. Of all people, they should get it the most.

LOWF lives deeply in 07. What's your next excuse?

Hey man, I donate my hear earned money to the Deacon Club to see us succeed just like you. I would love for us to get Shaka. I just think you have no clue whatsoever about the pulse of the faculty at Wake Forest, but what do I know?

That number is dead wrong for shaka. He is making bzd money now. We don't need to pay him more than double what he is making now to take a high profile job. Nonsense talk.

Those numbers were set four years ago. There has been great inflation. The fact Buzz got $2.6M at a far inferior program in Blacksburg is indicative of the price range I posted. Add to that, Shaka is 100% in charge.

I will be totally shocked if he takes the Wake job for under $3M. I'll be a little surprised if it is significantly under $3.5M.

YES, we can afford it.

Those numbers were set four years ago. There has been great inflation. The fact Buzz got $2.6M at a far inferior program in Blacksburg is indicative of the price range I posted. Add to that, Shaka is 100% in charge.

I will be totally shocked if he takes the Wake job for under $3M. I'll be a little surprised if it is significantly under $3.5M.

YES, we can afford it.

You whiffed tremendously on your read of the VT situation, now that's the basis that confirms your projection. Not saying you are wrong necessarily, it just makes me laugh.

Hey man, I donate my hear earned money to the Deacon Club to see us succeed just like you. I would love for us to get Shaka. I just think you have no clue whatsoever about the pulse of the faculty at Wake Forest, but what do I know?

Think of it this way. Wellman wouldn't have leaked the list if Shaka's people had rejected us out of hand.

As to the faculty, Shaka's success will lead to big donations to the university fund. He will help get them raises.

Think of it this way. Wellman wouldn't have leaked the list if Shaka's people had rejected us out of hand.

As to the faculty, Shaka's success will lead to big donations to the university fund. He will help get them raises.

Shaka' success will lead to big donations to the Deacon Club. This is not the same thing. Faculty tend to resent the budgets of Athletic Departments all over the country. Wake is not excluded from this. I'm not saying Prof. Smart might not deserve a job at Wake, but Hatch just appointing her to make the hire would not go over well at all on campus.

You whiffed tremendously on your read of the VT situation, now that's the basis that confirms your projection. Not saying you are wrong necessarily, it just makes me laugh.

I bet you couldn't have found ONE person not directly involved in the VT deal that thought Buzz was even a remote possibility. There's nothing to laugh about.

Archangues paid nearly $270 to win the Breeders Cup Classic. My guess is if went to Vegas and asked for a prop bet Buzz Williams to VT you could have gotten over 1000-1.

Back