• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 3 Choices

Guy is a stone-cold winner. I would be ecstatic to land him.

For you and others who are big Howland fans, what's the response to this post:
http://www.bruinsnation.com/2012/11/26/3691908/bruin-bites-fire-ben-howland-and-chianti-dan-edition

Inexcusable. Not just the loss, but the fact that Chianti Dan has allowed Ben Howland to remain in his job prior to this season, despite the fact that Howland is the only UCLA coach to preside over three consecutive double-digit losing seasons since Wilbur Johns in the 1940s. Oh, and don't forget that he's missed the tournament more often than Steve Lavin did. Yes, that's right: Howland's track record is pathetically on par with frauds like Steve Lavin. Bear in mind that it was only last season that Howland's pathetic dumpster fire trainwreck program was snubbed by the NIT. Yes, Coach's program, the once-proud definition of success in college basketball was snubbed by a second-tier loser's tournament.

Obviously Shaka is worlds above the other two.

Both Amaker and Howland have shown they can succeed and also have shown they can fail, but Amaker has had recent success after early failure, Howland the opposite.

I wouldn't say Howland failed at UCLA. Certainly not on the level as Amaker at Michigan.

As I type that the Jay Wright Dove commercial comes on... fate? Who's to say?

Have heard that Shaka wants to coach at University that puts a greater value on academics......yes VCU is a solid program but it isn't Wake.....Wake gives you a top academic institution that competes in the very best conference in the national against the greatest collection of coaches in the nation.......

If Wake can make the money work, why in the hell would Shaka say no at this point in his career?

What else is there for him to prove at VCU?

Amaker has experience recruiting to an academic school, so does Howland at UCLA. VCUs academics is the only downside to Shaka. But the $$ influx with Smart trumps it. We will probably interview all three once they are available. I can see Howland intrigued by us regardless, same with Amaker. Shaka will take some work, but if we are truly interested, he's obtainable.

For some stupid Charlie Brown Lucy with the football Wake Forest reason I'm getting my hopes up.

tick tock

Wake Forest University welcomes its new head basketball coach Shaka Smart
:
kriger-noun-verb.gif

Only 3 years as a HC is likely why. Let's be real, RW is not going to hire an Archie Miller-type guy.

Maybe. But Ron needs a guy who has won. Is two NCAA wins at an Icy enough to outweigh his time in two different power conferences?

As Jim Makens at Babcock used to say, "there are big dreams and little dreams." If not Shaka, go after Wright. If not Wright, go after Marshall. If not Marshall, go after Howland. Go big or resign yourself to bottom feeder status. I'm not sure I'd take Amaker over Chris Collins at the end of the day.

We need VCU to lose soon, or else we risk losing Howland.

For you and others who are big Howland fans, what's the response to this post:
http://www.bruinsnation.com/2012/11/26/3691908/bruin-bites-fire-ben-howland-and-chianti-dan-edition

That would be like quoting Cumberland's post on Blogger So Dear from years back where he stated that [Redacted] was the man for the job. It is one person's opinion on one blog that is part of the "SB Nation". That's it.

You are going to hoist your flag up that pole? Good luck with that, champ.

Back