• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 3 Choices

Just to play devil's advocate... because you shouldn't take a job that big as your first head coaching gig? Still to much to learn and you shouldn't "learn on the job" at a power conference school.

??? Amaker was head coach at Seton Hall before Michigan.

Obviously, Katz doesn't know everything, but I dare say he's probably talked to Shaka many more times than anyone here (or more than talked to a friend who knows Shaka), for whatever reason he straight out said Shaka is not coming to Wake.

I gave him a list of Shaka, Marshall, Howland and White. Clearly said no to Shaka and Howland and White were possible. He emailed me from his iphone so naturally the punctuation was not clear which side Marshall was on in this equation.

So continue to wind yourselves up, but it sounds like, short of a miracle, Shaka is not coming to Wake.

Booooo this man

VT hired Buzz Williams. Enough with the LOWF bullshit. Like it or not, rj has it right, you factor in the new television contract and greater attendance and you have the money to make the big hire. It is going to happen. Shaka, Wright or Marshall. I will not think otherwise.

Smart, Howland, Amaker. In that order. Would prefer the list to be Shaka, Shaka, Shaka, but I'm glad to see he is on the list.

Pretty easy ranking. If we can get Shaka we have to get him. I

Obviously, Katz doesn't know everything, but I dare say he's probably talked to Shaka many more times than anyone here (or more than talked to a friend who knows Shaka), for whatever reason he straight out said Shaka is not coming to Wake.

I gave him a list of Shaka, Marshall, Howland and White. Clearly said no to Shaka and Howland and White were possible. He emailed me from his iphone so naturally the punctuation was not clear which side Marshall was on in this equation.

So continue to wind yourselves up, but it sounds like, short of a miracle, Shaka is not coming to Wake.

Thanks for sharing. Really hope is not right but I suspect he is.

Andy is not going to tell you shit. He doesn't give a fuck about you

Cares enough to email back and forth with me over the last year about our situation with Bzz. Believe what you want. At the same time Andy has no incentive to mess with me. Of course he could be, but its not the first emails we've exchanged.

Shaka's not afraid to walk away from money, so something else is at work with his decisions. Given that he's not being paid $300k a year, he's in a position to do what he enjoys doing and not have to chase every dollar.

83, if Katz thinks Marshall is in play, he doesn't know shit. Calhoun to Wake is more likely than Marshall.

As stated above...if Katz thinks Marshall is in play you can discount everything he said. I'll also say amaker took seton hall to the sweet 16 and landed some big recruits. Michigan was not a miserable failure but he never got them over the hump.

As stated above...if Katz thinks Marshall is in play you can discount everything he said. I'll also say amaker took seton hall to the sweet 16 and landed some big recruits. Michigan was not a miserable failure but he never got them over the hump.

He was not a good fit at Michigan. Not his fault really.

There is a belief that Michigan wasn't committed to bball at the time. I don't know how to fully judge Amaker but he is no chump. At the very least he'd be a top notch recruiter.

Back