• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 3 Choices

I like Katz. And it's not clear if he said Marshall is in play.
I gave him a list of Shaka, Marshall, Howland and White. Clearly said no to Shaka and Howland and White were possible. He emailed me from his iphone so naturally the punctuation was not clear which side Marshall was on in this equation.

I remember all the names flying around before Bz was hired so I think some skepticism is warranted.

Look, Feinstein reported Bzz was coming back and he was 100% wrong at the time of the report. Don't trust reporters as they are throwing educated guesses at the wall and then claim to have the scoop.

I would love to read BabyDeac's thoughts on the matter, but I understand the silence.

That is the goal. But a failover of Amaker isn't a disaster.

In all honesty, Amaker would be a good fit. But he might be the only guy in basketball more reserved than Bz. Having said that, he is not an arrogant prick. So, I'd be okay with it. But I'm not giving up on Shaka.

Is it considered a given that Amaker would even take the WF job?

Money is still a consideration. For the right guy the assumption is donor money would bridge the gap. But paying 2-3 million isn't the slam dunk many on here think it is.

It's time to go with a younger coach. Amaker would be a good hire.

He's 48. He's not THAT young.

I can't see him not taking the BC job. BC is a good job with a solid history. Most importantly, he doesn't have to move. No brainer.

Last edited:
Archie would be a great get for Wake Forest. we need a younger coach. He has a great pedigree and experience.

My order would be Smart, Amaker, Archie, Howland

48 is not young but it is not old either. He could easily coach 15 years

Money is still a consideration. For the right guy the assumption is donor money would bridge the gap. But paying 2-3 million isn't the slam dunk many on here think it is.

There are probably too many administrators in the athletic department. We need a good coach more, much more, than a lot of paper pushers.

If we could afford 1.5 for Buzz, how could 2 not be a slam dunk? Has Wellman been running the finances into the ground the last 4 years or something?

He's 48. He's not THAT young.

I can't see him not taking the BC job. BC is a good job with a solid history. Most importantly, he doesn't have to move. No brainer.

True, but taking a back seat to both football and hockey would suck. Having fans that care is important I think.

83, if Katz thinks Marshall is in play, he doesn't know shit. Calhoun to Wake is more likely than Marshall.

Maybe I wasn't clear. Based on the punctuation of the message from his iphone I could not tell if he was saying Shaka and Marshall was out or Marshall, Howland and White were in.

Back