• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

The huge huge huge advantage Miller has over Manning is that he built his roster. Only 2 players on Dayton's E8 team of 11 that see regular minutes were brought to program by Gregory. Manning had his success with mostly players that committed and were brought to Tulsa by the old coach. So that adds an element of risk in this coaching hire.

But Miller wouldn't come here so screw that guy.

I'm just going to use this as the coaching carousel thread

Oregon State fired Craig Robinson

Super-weird timing. Here's the Maryland fan theory: We ROASTED Nick Faust for making terrible shot decisions, he decided to transfer for his senior season (didn't graduate so he has to sit out next year), he shopped around but barely got any interest, decided on Oregon State, and now they don't have a coach. Winning like nine games a year didn't get him fired, but accepting Nick Faust as a transfer did.

I'm not sure how an AD can look at the current coaching climate and feel confident that they can get a good coach at this time.

I'm not sure how an AD can look at the current coaching climate and feel confident that they can get a good coach at this time.

Gary Williams retired on this exact day three years ago. Maryland and Oregon State aren't on the same plane as a program, but it was weird and difficult. Everybody is pretty entrenched and out recruiting for the AAU season.

Back