• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HBO Real Sports bringing the heat on UNC Academic Fraud

That was a harsh reaction. RJ, please highlight the quote where I said UNC should not be punished..[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
If some of these UNC student-athletes could make it to their senior years, I'm sure they would try to turn in their senior thesis by tweeting it.

That was a harsh reaction. RJ, please highlight the quote where I said UNC should not be punished..
[/QUOTE]

You seemed like you were trying to find as many rationalizations and excuses as you could. The #1 places for blame are the football coach, Forest, the Dean and the Provost. They should all be gone.

Forest sounds like the cop in Casablanca who didn't know gambling was going on at Rick's as he collected his winnings.

If I mischaracterized your position, i'm sorry.

I think you are confusing my post with another. All I am saying is that I think the problem is wide spread, and that I am not 100% confident the two athletes in the OP were “forced” into their classes as they claim. Made available 100%, forced...I doubt it. I also feel athletes who basically do not have the brains for college (fault of their previous 12 years) can receive benefits from attending universities, even if what they learn are not in the classroom. I really could care less about the UNC situation, but there was a great blog linked in another sports thread that discloses a little more insight to the McAdoo character. He had previously been caught cheating on three test papers and using other student’s work. Not too good for UNC, but I certainly would not take his testimony on any subject.

What ever happened to the independent analysis of Willingham's data. Didn't UNC claim they were going to get a 3rd party to review the months ago? Did they not like the response they got? Are they still waiting for the response or did they not ever actually pursue that?

What ever happened to the independent analysis of Willingham's data. Didn't UNC claim they were going to get a 3rd party to review the months ago? Did they not like the response they got? Are they still waiting for the response or did they not ever actually pursue that?

Denial, misdirection, and administrative bloat are alive and well in the 'Carolina Way'.

Back