• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Mack - Legitimate Target

Wellman could do worse than Ronald McDonald.

Let's just pray that he doesn't.

The idea that Chris Mack is the floor for our coaching search is ridiculous. He'd be a good hire at just about any program and Wellman could do a lot worse than Mack. There's also a decent possibility he would turn us down.

I imagine if Mack comes, Battle stays. Also, Mack did a lot to create the great atmosphere from the Skip years which we need to get back to. Mack would be a decent hire on my account.

I don't know if Mack would turn us down even with his Cinci/X ties. X just does not pay their coaches very well.

This is a joke, right? The sky fell. We've only won 17 ACC games over the last 4 seasons. No post-season. That's worse than anybody predicted 4 years ago. You can't make fun of people for saying the sky was falling. It fell.

18 if you count the win in the 1st ever Wednesday ACCT game!!!! By comparison, UVA won 19 this year.

18 if you count the win in the 1st ever Wednesday ACCT game!!!! By comparison, UVA won 19 this year.

Yeah, remember when UVA was so bad [Redacted] beat them on the road? Then they became exactly what we were sold we'd become, and we fell off the planet? Good times.

Please don't fuck this up Ron.

It was not the 1st ever Wednesday ACCT game. In 1978, the first round was held on Wed, then the semis on Thurs. and finals on Saturday as part of Wide World of Sports.

So Bz can't even claim that.

Yeah, remember when UVA was so bad [Redacted] beat them on the road? Then they became exactly what we were sold we'd become, and we fell off the planet? Good times.

Please don't fuck this up Ron.

I know it's tough to remember all 2 of [Redacted]'s road wins. @UVa wasn't one of them. That was a home game on a week's rest.

It was not the 1st ever Wednesday ACCT game. In 1978, the first round was held on Wed, then the semis on Thurs. and finals on Saturday as part of Wide World of Sports.

So Bz can't even claim that.

Damn, did not know that. I did go to the finals that year as a 7 year old, but I assumed the semis were on Friday.

Has anybody mentioned that the thread title looks like the name of a bad action movie?

It would be an interesting split in the fan base if we got Mack.

I think he would be a pretty good hire, with the only slight mark against is that he is from the Prosser tree (not a bad thing, just want a break from it).

With that being said, I think the only reason we are hearing about him is because the AD wants us to hear about him. I would imagine it is a smokescreen---for who is the biggest question to me.

Why do you want a break from the Prosser tree? We got a break from the Prosser tree, and it fucking sucked.

Wellman could do worse than Mack but he should hardly be near the top of our list.

He's near the top of our list because the WF job is a complete rebuild. Something like 8 out of 13 scholarships will be juniors that will require another rebuild in 2 years. I'm not saying it's you, but there is a contingent that I believe is living in the San Francisco, South Park world. They are the people that say things like "Wake is on tobacco road so they'll get the best coach available unless an elite major job emerges," among other non-truths.

Regardless, I'm not expecting the top guys because of what we've been left with. Mack is not who I want, but I'd be happy with him under the circumstances. Is there a general lack of Knowledge of the circumstances here?

Wellman could do worse than Mack but he should hardly be near the top of our list.

He's near the top of our list because the WF job is a complete rebuild. Something like 8 out of 13 scholarships will be juniors that will require another rebuild in 2 years. I'm not saying it's you, but there is a contingent that I believe is living in the San Francisco, South Park world. They are the people that say things like "Wake is on tobacco road so they'll get the best coach available unless an elite major job emerges," among other non-truths.

Regardless, I'm not expecting the top guys because of what we've been left with. Mack is not who I want, but I'd be happy with him under the circumstances. Is there a general lack of Knowledge of the circumstances here?

Buzz could not have done worse damage if he tried.

What a horrible disaster.

Back