• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bzzz throws fans and former players under the bus again

So rumors are somehow more true if they're being spread in a smaller environment? That is stratt-level dumb

In small towns, everybody knows your business. Of course, the opposite is true too where falsehoods can be spread and destroy a reputation. People can believe what they want, but the talk about it was there before Buzz rolled into town and well before Wellman started trotting out his culture crap, so believing or not believing is not taking a position on said culture crap. True or not, I don't particularly give a shit. It's a bit of a moot point now since neither Dino nor Buzz will ever be coaching at Wake again.

In small towns, everybody knows your business. Of course, the opposite is true too where falsehoods can be spread and destroy a reputation. People can believe what they want, but the talk about it was there before Buzz rolled into town and well before Wellman started trotting out his culture crap, so believing or not believing is not taking a position on said culture crap. True or not, I don't particularly give a shit. It's a bit of a moot point now since neither Dino nor Buzz will ever be coaching at Wake again.

I don't recall these rumors. I do know he would show up at college type bars in downtown occasionally before Skip died (my sister was in college at Salem at the time), but I never heard any reports of him hitting on coeds. It's hard to blame him, because the bar scene mostly sucked back then.

Right, I know that's how small towns work. That doesn't speak to a rumor's truth, though. It just means the cycle of people it goes through is smaller.

Right, I know that's how small towns work. That doesn't speak to a rumor's truth, though. It just means the cycle of people it goes through is smaller.

And speaking as someone who grew up in a very small community within the small-ish community that was Winston-Salem, I think it's fair to say that the rumors that get spread are oftentimes as idiotic as the people spreading them, which is to say somewhere between mind-numbingly dumb and post-stupid.

I really want to see Dino sue the shit out of some of these slanderous motherfuckers, but dude is too classy to stoop that low.

A lot of people assumed that Dino was messing around with someone in the Wake Forest community, because he got fired after taking Wake to the Round of 32. (which is just wrong)

And speaking as someone who grew up in a very small community within the small-ish community that was Winston-Salem, I think it's fair to say that the rumors that get spread are oftentimes as idiotic as the people spreading them, which is to say somewhere between mind-numbingly dumb and post-stupid.

I really want to see Dino sue the shit out of some of these slanderous motherfuckers, but dude is too classy to stoop that low.

He works at ESPN and they'd have to be named on any lawsuit because they did the most to spread that story.

Back