• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tim Duncan still has it

I wouldn't be surprised if he disappeared to some beach in the islands, never to be heard from again. Maybe coaching some kids teams in his spare time...

Yep.

manu-wins-free-hair-hat.gif

Last edited:
He has a very nice home in San Antonio and an even nicer home on a lake just outside Austin. He has sold his VI properties and has no family there. He is a single father of 2 children and, as someone said, a foundation to run. What I foresee is a nice, quiet life with a few good friends for company. I don't think he has any interest in coaching (unless it's William's pee wee team).

High five to DF07 for having post #21 on a thread about Tim Duncan.

file_170891_5_tim-duncan-high-five.gif

Tim Duncan moved into 19th place on the NBA all time scoring list last night, passing Patrick Ewing - total points = 24,817.

He recently purchased a custom car shop in San Antonio. He claims that features prominently into his retirement plans.

Tougher run through playoffs than East, so if they make it through the gauntlet, which they can, Indiana or Miami will be more rested. Spurs should have won it last year (game 6 still haunting). I still give Spurs very good chance to win it all. Would love to have Tim get his 5th ring.

Do the Spurs win it this year? Playing incredibly well

They've been dominant the last couple of years but the tank runs empty in the post-season. But right now, there is no truly dominant team. The Heat are showing weaknesses; someone flushed and the Pacers went swirling; Portland's flash is over. The Thunder could definitely be an issue and the Bulls even w/o Rose aren't going to be an easy out. But from top-to-bottom, no one is playing as well as SA is right now. The shitty East will be a benefit to whoever comes out since I don't see a lot of 7-game series before the conference finals. The West is much more competitive and early-round series could definitely draw out.

Tim Duncan is better than most teams have been since 1946

BkL-aTHCEAAed8V.jpg

Tim Duncan is kind of amazing, but you probably already knew that. Sure it's been over a decade since he won an MVP award, but that doesn't really matter when you take into account the fact he's contributed to more success than the Knicks have had SINCE HARRY TRUMAN WAS IN OFFICE.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014...s-better-than-most-teams-have-been-since-1946

They've been dominant the last couple of years but the tank runs empty in the post-season. But right now, there is no truly dominant team. The Heat are showing weaknesses; someone flushed and the Pacers went swirling; Portland's flash is over. The Thunder could definitely be an issue and the Bulls even w/o Rose aren't going to be an easy out. But from top-to-bottom, no one is playing as well as SA is right now. The shitty East will be a benefit to whoever comes out since I don't see a lot of 7-game series before the conference finals. The West is much more competitive and early-round series could definitely draw out.

They were literally one good box-out away from a championship last year.

They were literally one good box-out away from a championship last year.

Definitely true but that was more the exception than what they've looked like as a whole. I'm really hoping they plow their way through this season, though. That Miami series last year was evisceratingly painful.

Tim Duncan is better than most teams have been since 1946

BkL-aTHCEAAed8V.jpg

Tim Duncan is kind of amazing, but you probably already knew that. Sure it's been over a decade since he won an MVP award, but that doesn't really matter when you take into account the fact he's contributed to more success than the Knicks have had SINCE HARRY TRUMAN WAS IN OFFICE.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014...s-better-than-most-teams-have-been-since-1946

Even more amazing is the one year they didn't was a strike year and they went 37-13 and won the title.

Back