• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hey Ron! If you pull off the Shaka hire.....

Will a Shaka hire allow you to forget and/or forgive Ron Wellman for the Bz years?

• Forgive

Votes: 88 49.2%
  • Forget

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Forgive and Forget

Votes: 53 29.6%
  • Never Forgive. Never Forget.

Votes: 25 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forgive, but will never forget... When you've seen the Joel rocking and experienced being #1 in the nation, how could you ever forget what ronnie did to the program...

I said "forgive and forget," and included "forget" primarily because (due to obvious reasons) for me it got to the apathy phase where wake basketball was longer was part of my life. It would be pretty easy/meaningless to forget something that I didn't particularly care about in the first place.

Now if I were a student in the class of 2014, I don't think I would ever be able to forget

I'm not convinced Ron is going after Shaka or is just a suit on behalf of other influential donors. So, I would need clear evidence Shaka is Ron's doing before I even contemplated forgiveness.

McKie had his chance to be coached by Shaka.

Better question, if we get Shaka, will you donate to the Deacon Club again to help out?

*That's a universal "you," not directed to any one poster.

McKie had his chance to be coached by Shaka.

I realize that...im just saying he came in to play for a team that had been ranked #1 the previous season. Then Dino gets canned, we hire Bzz, everyone transfers...McKie plays out four of the worst years WF has endured in its history. Mckie graduates, we hire Shaka and return to glory days. Talk about bad timing....

Never forget, never forgive. The man destroyed wake basketball. Never forgive.

If WF lands a top-tier candidate it will be in spite of Ron Wellman, not because of Ron Wellman.

I can still forgive Ron but can never forgive Hatch for FUCKING Shaka

Last edited:
Back