• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alphonso - New HS head coach in FL

I would guess Antonio Wilson is one of them. Close friend of phonz. just a guess though.

That would be one of my guesses. Other guy maybe Stanley. Chantz was close with those guys in college too.

this can only be good for WFU. how big is that high school?

would hate to try to pass against phonz's team lol

Last edited:
I want to be happy for Phonz but his anti-gay prostelytizing has really swayed my opinion about him. Anyway, good luck Phonz

Not to get political, but why? All he says is it's against his beliefs. He doesn't preach hate, and he certainly doesn't preach discrimination or violence. People can be really hypocritical sometimes when they ask others to have open minds but then jump on them if they disagree.

Great news, though. Congrats to Phonze.

Not to get political, but why? All he says is it's against his beliefs. He doesn't preach hate, and he certainly doesn't preach discrimination or violence. People can be really hypocritical sometimes when they ask others to have open minds but then jump on them if they disagree.

Well said, well said.

"Alphonso Smith ‏@AlphonsoSmith2 4m
LZ Granderson writer for ESPN-said,"WELCOME TO THE PARTY in response to Sam's openly gay announcement, HA" you meant WELCOME TO DEVIL HELL"

Definitely the kind of mentor a young man struggling with his identity needs.

Bullshit. Having a religious belief is one thing and equating gay people to the devil is another. I definitely would take such inflammatory views into account when hiring someone to represent a high school. If you knew what a Phonso fanboy I was back at Wake you might have more respect for my change of opinion.

Bullshit. Having a religious belief is one thing and equating gay people to the devil is another. I definitely would take such inflammatory views into account when hiring someone to represent a high school. If you knew what a Phonso fanboy I was back at Wake you might have more respect for my change of opinion.

OK, I follow Phonze but hadn't seen that devil comment. Fair point.

Good luck to the phonz, and I hope he will treat all students at his high school with equal respect.

If Alphonso develops great players and funnels to them to Wake this is a great situation.

Back