• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

From Country Dan; Wellman Says Search Going Well

8FtZKA2.gif

I've been no fan of Wellman for the last four years but some of the criticism now is just knee-jerk. He is handling this search exactly as he should be. Some of you guys need to relax.

pshh. I just wanted to get in on all the Wellman bashing fun leave me alone

It doesn't matter how many days...or years...it takes for Wellman to announce the new hire. Time is a flat circle.

matthew-mcconaughey-in-true-detective.jpg

Last edited:
Mine your vast network of sources cultivated over 20 years covering Wake sports and find out specifics Dan

There's only one guy that knows what Wellman is thinking, and he ain't talking. So you can forget about it.

What do you want him to say? He has to hedge at this point. Do you want a Marquette fiasco?

Exactly. You want to see what happens when hedging doesn't happen, when you don't play it close to the vest: see University of Texas Mack Brown Fiasco of 2013-14. There a lot of things to be upset with about Ron Wellman, but being upset with anything he said in that pointless interview is just dumb.

SHAKA is in play because he has not said NO!!!!!

SOCAL deac projects SHAKA as the new WAKE FOREST BB Coach By Wednesday. This allows RON to go on CBS and PIMP WAKE all DAY Thursday. Followed by SHAKA pimping WAKE all day Friday. Followed by CP3 and Duncan pimping WAKE all weekend. Then, Final Four weekend we will have all the talking heads pimping WAKE. BILAS, VITAL, etc.... Then, with a split screen on Sportcenter Andy Katz will be interviewing CP3, Wellman and SHAKA on ESPN right after ONE SHINING MOMENT has played.

SOCAL = Prophit

SOCAL deac projects SHAKA as the new WAKE FOREST BB Coach By Wednesday. This allows RON to go on CBS and PIMP WAKE all DAY Thursday. Followed by SHAKA pimping WAKE all day Friday. Followed by CP3 and Duncan pimping WAKE all weekend. Then, Final Four weekend we will have all the talking heads pimping WAKE. BILAS, VITAL, etc.... Then, with a split screen on Sportcenter Andy Katz will be interviewing CP3, Wellman and SHAKA on ESPN right after ONE SHINING MOMENT has played.

SOCAL = Prophit

#Profit

Since Wellman thought Bz was a good coach, then I guess there really are "a lot of really good coaches out there." I hope he's not doing another "behind the numbers" out-thinking-yourself exercise.

If you can't tell, I have zero confidence in Wellman making a good hire. Hatch looking over his shoulder doesn't help at all either.

SOCAL = Prophit

What is a prop hit?

Based on the article my understanding is that the announcement is tomorrow.

I have been very critical of Wellman. Based on what is known he is probably doing as well as anyone at this point in time. Many on these boards expect and demand instant gratification. Nothing wrong with that. Just sometimes it is not possible. Like one mentioned on another thread; Wellman is playing chess and many here are in the checkers category. I hope he signs Shaka. For all we know, Miller, Howland, Marshall etc. may still be under consideration. Just hope someone is on board by middle of next week.

Didn't Alford move to UCLA only a week or tow after signing an "extension" with NM?

The pessimist in me reads these statements as Shaka has turned us down and Wellman wants to try to get out in front of those stories so we can spin that we are still interviewing other candidates and no offer was made.

Well, if it isn't Shaka but we get Marshall, Wright or Howland who really cares? They are all very good coaches. I'm going to enjoy the hoops tonight and won't give this much thought at all.

Well, if it isn't Shaka but we get Marshall, Wright or Howland who really cares? They are all very good coaches. I'm going to enjoy the hoops tonight and won't give this much thought at all.
One of these things is not like the other (at least for me). And I'm relatively #IN on BH, at least as far as this board goes.

Back