• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

From Country Dan; Wellman Says Search Going Well

Once every 5 years Dan needs to pull out his reporter skills. Great that he got to talk to Ron, but we all know Ron is not talking. I'd feel a lot better if Dan actually branched out from his W-S network of contacts. There is more information being reported on this board than in his pieces.

There really isn't a lot of information to be had. Both RW and Smart are incredibly professional and low-key about this sort of thing.

Once every 5 years Dan needs to pull out his reporter skills. Great that he got to talk to Ron, but we all know Ron is not talking. I'd feel a lot better if Dan actually branched out from his W-S network of contacts. There is more information being reported on this board than in his pieces.

Agree, great deal of information, but is it valid?

If you dig DEEP in that article, then Wellman pretty much guaranteed that Shaka was ours to lose. Official announcement tomorrow.

Be positive. Shaka hasn't said no. ....

I'm sure he hasn't. We only have to open the wallet. But we have other options that I think are on the same level. And I'm not sure I wouldn't want Wright ahead of Shaka. I'm in the minority on that one but that's my gut feel.

Wright moving to W-S would make Buzz going to VT look like it was as predictable as the tides.

I'm sure he hasn't. We only have to open the wallet. But we have other options that I think are on the same level. And I'm not sure I wouldn't want Wright ahead of Shaka. I'm in the minority on that one but that's my gut feel.

I'd take wright over Shaka too. But that's like choosing between Stacy Keibler and Kate beckinsale

Agree, great deal of information, but is it valid?

Valid or not it does consolidate all the public information available.

I would love to see Dan write 'I called the VCU AD or some other person than Wellman or a Wake coach and they said'. I just feel like Dan is waiting for something to happen instead of really digging to figure out what is going to happen. After all how many 'Wake Forest reporters' are going to call any around about any of our targets. It's not like a UNC where you'd have local and national press harassing everybody. In fact barely anyone knows we are going after Shaka.

Wright moving to W-S would make Buzz going to VT look like it was as predictable as the tides.

It won't happen but while I'm waiting for Wellman to fuck this up I can dream.

Think Ron, Hatch, and Company are exposing their plans to someone who's going to spill them to a reporter? Dan hears plenty of things- OFF THE RECORD. He's not going to jeopardize his career just to placate a bunch of uptight rumorhounds on a fucking message board. Seriously? Just how many interviews and how much access do you think any beat reporter gets after doing something like that? This isn't about Dan. It's about understanding basic journalism.

Back