• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What Shaka needs to know about Wake

IMG_0032.jpg

http://www.wfu.edu/wowf/2009/20090518.graduation.html

“It's really amazing. I'm so proud of her,” said Muggsy Bogues, who returned to Wake Forest to earn his degree in 1999 after his NBA career ended. “I can't believe this day is happening. I never imagined time would go by so fast, and now she's walking across the same stage that I did.”

I was trying to watch the Wisconsin-Az game and then I saw this thread. Had to turn that off. this was amazing. I don't know how to copy and share all that you all did, but thanks so much. This thread brought back a lot of memories. Some sweet, some sad. I'm glad my wife is at the beach right now. She never would have understood my sitting in the recliner crying over videos. I went to Wake undergrad and law school. I played FB as a walk-on. My dad went to Wake and he was the best Wake forest fan ever. I kept his tradition going by taking over his Deacon Club membership when he died. His Deacon Club number was 10. I think that means 10th beginning donor.

I've become so bitter at Wake Forest, Ron Wellman and certainly Bz over the last few years that Ive stopped giving at gold club level and last year only gave $300. I did not get bball season tickets and, although I did get football tickets, I only went to one game. I threw the rest away. I was so disheartened by the state of Wake Forest that I said screw it, I'll take whatever $ I was going to give for the rest of my life and bought a beach place. At least that would presumably provide some enjoyment.

I had forgotten/refused to remember what a special place Wake Forest is. Thanks again for helping me to remember that. Right now, I don't know if we can get it back. I don't believe in Wellman and am heartbroken at the way he has destroyed our football program (to some extent) and certainly our BBall program. I think Clawson is a good guy and I went to the pres conference at the Deacon Tower when he was introduced. I hope that Wellman doesn't strike out with this hire.

MY post wasn't really very cheery but I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks again. Go Deacs!

Thanks for sharing your heartfelt emotion. Wake IS a special place and at the very least, this stressful and scary time of uncertainty has allowed us all to revel in some sentimental and heart-warming positive reflection.

Guys, I appreciate all the great posts on this thread. Sure does bring back great memories. I used to post a bit on the old ACCBoards DeaconSports forum under the user SonofanAlum. The Skip video made my day. BTW, that video of Chill breaking McGinnis' ankles never gets old.

Think Antwan must have posted that himself uploading the VHS tape footage my mom gave him at the end of the season his SR year: "Antwan Scott: The Anatomy of Rim-Rocking Dunkdom and Life as a BB Globetrotter."

Shake just completely blew it tonight versus Baylor. Up 19 with in the second half and still lost.

Back