• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Iggles Cut Jackson

There's that, but they also have a QB who doesn't need or can't really hit the deep threat, and they just signed a better KR/PR, and they don't want to give a mega deal to a speed guy with less than great hands. I think it's probably a mix of the two.

DJax just had the best year of his career. I see no issues with fit with Foles. They signed Sproles because they knew they had to get rid of DJax.

@ESPNStatsInfo
Nick Foles targeted DeSean Jackson 70 times last season, most of anyone on the team. Foles completed 71.4% of those attempts to Jackson

See? This would be AMAZING.

Sign DJax and figure out how to record practices again without the NFL noticing and you guys will be BACK.

DJax just had the best year of his career. I see no issues with fit with Foles. They signed Sproles because they knew they had to get rid of DJax.

@ESPNStatsInfo
Nick Foles targeted DeSean Jackson 70 times last season, most of anyone on the team. Foles completed 71.4% of those attempts to Jackson.

Makes sense. That was just the talk around work here.

I think teams are overly cautious after the Hernandez situation. How bad would it look now if you are a team that signs him and the Eagles organization turns out to be correct, not good at all.

Where's PhillyDeac? Wondering what his take on this is.

6a0120a6dde087970b0154373c22b6970c-800wi

Jackson was due to make $10.5 million in 2014 and was owed $30.5 million over the remainder of his deal, but none of that money was guaranteed.

Why does cap room matter if a player with no guaranteed money gets cut?

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 2m
Analytical Ron on the possibility of DeSean signing with Carolina: “It depends on the numbers. You have to negotiate around the numbers."

if you are in a keeper ff league and have Jackson, how pissed are you right now?
Have him for $5 in a keeper league this year. Not happy.

Hoping he ends up in Carolina or in New York if Vick is starting QB.

Either way, he had tremendous more value in Chip Kelly's offense.

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 2m
Riverboat Ron on the possibility of DeSean signing with Carolina: “Sometimes you gotta roll the dice."

Fixed.

Article mentions LA gang ties. I remember buckets saying he was going to spread some rumors in LA to get his boy Marquise Lee to fall to the Panthers. I see he is doing the same so we can get Desean Jackson. Good job buckets!!

If we get Jackson in FA, Lee in the 2nd, and Camp in the 4th, I'll forgive GMan for cutting Smitty.

Wait, are there credible reports of gang ties, or is this the team / Philly media trashing a popular player to explain kicking him to the curb? Because that is absolute garbage if it’s the second. The nj.com article seems like a hack-job.

Back