• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Latest From Country Dan

Or, is this how the Amaker "camp" (i.e. Agent) wants to spin it? Sounds like Wake has an upper tier candidate in which it feels confident. But, then again, who knows.
It is laughable that RW would hire someone without an interview after Bz. Such an important hire--no way in hell Hatch, BOT is going to sign off on someone like Amaker (not to mention with whispers of shady recruiting) without an interview/vetting.

Last edited:
I can't see him as our first choice and without an interview on such an important hire....... right!

It is laughable that RW would hire someone without an interview after Bz. Such an important higher--no way in hell Hatch, BOT is going to sign off on someone like Amaker (not to mention with whispers of shady recruiting) without an interview/vetting.

Yep. Agreed.

...names like Billy Donovan, Tom Crean, Bill Self and Brad Stevens. Coming down a bit, maybe a Jay Wright. Is it possible ????

One of those things is not like the others.

Actually that should be 'a source'.

So clinical psychologists at Harvard make $1.5 to $2.5M per year? What's Amaker making as the Harvard coach?

Certainly could understand the impact of his wife's job on his decision. Of course given his history at Seton Hall and Michigan will be lingering doubts on his resume until he proves himself at a major, makes it harder to believe he's rejecting offers out of hand, unless he's waiting for kaye to quit.

I don't remember as I am working to purge the last four years from my soul but did Wellman offer you know who without interviewing him?

Wellman flew a charter to Co. and returned to Winston accompanied by our four year legacy of hurt.

painful levels of stupid.

Yeah, I saw Tony Bennett this morning at Bodo's grabbing his last Cville bagel with all his bags packed on top of his stationwagon. His wife and daughter were all bundled up for their ride to Milwaukee. There's your scoop of the day.

Actually that should be 'a source'.

So clinical psychologists at Harvard make $1.5 to $2.5M per year? What's Amaker making as the Harvard coach?

Certainly could understand the impact of his wife's job on his decision. Of course given his history at Seton Hall and Michigan will be lingering doubts on his resume until he proves himself at a major, makes it harder to believe he's rejecting offers out of hand, unless he's waiting for kaye to quit.

I'm not saying this is probable, but it's possible. We've all heard the word that a family member is gonna replace Relationships in a few years. We heard the report here that Wellman likes Amaker.Facepalm Swofford doesn't permit ACC programs to steal other ACC coaches. If Amaker indeed is the chosen one at Dick over Chrissy and Dawkins, he ain't goin' nowhere the next 4-5 years, especially another ACC school.

Back