• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Latest From Country Dan

I think Shaka wants one of two jobs, Wisconsin or Duke. Given the ages of Bo and K, along with his own age, he can afford to just sit back at VCU and wait.

I think Shaka wants one of two jobs, Wisconsin or Duke. Given the ages of Bo and K, along with his own age, he can afford to just sit back at VCU and wait.

Of course he can afford to, but he is leaving a ton of coin on the table. At least $1M for every year he stays at VCU. Then if it becomes such common knowledge that he just wants those two jobs, there is no reason for them to pay a competitive salary unless they happen to come open at the same time. Duke wasn't even paying K a top wage until the Lakers came calling.

Of course he can afford to, but he is leaving a ton of coin on the table. At least $1M for every year he stays at VCU. Then if it becomes such common knowledge that he just wants those two jobs, there is no reason for them to pay a competitive salary unless they happen to come open at the same time. Duke wasn't even paying K a top wage until the Lakers came calling.

Plus, Duke might not even be available. That leaves Wisconsin.

Has he ever expressed interest in going back to Wisconsin? Or do people just assume that because he grew up there? Not everybody wants to go back to the place they grew up

Has he ever expressed interest in going back to Wisconsin? Or do people just assume that because he grew up there? Not everybody wants to go back to the place they grew up

Has he ever expressed interest in anything?

K will decide who the next coach at Duke is and I bet he won't pick Smart.

K will decide who the next coach at Duke is and I bet he won't pick Smart.

Concur. Smart made some comments about K's comments before the NCAA. I actually thought Smart might like our position so he could stick it to Duke.

Why do you think this? Smart has not lived in Wisconsin for more than 15 years. From the evidence of the last few years it appears that he wants one job: the one he has at VCU. He is well compensated, he is worshiped there, and he and his wife might love Richmond. Nothing wrong with wanting to stay there.

Bridges at VCU, probably. Leaving is tough once you've been some place for awhile and have things established. It's especially true when a place stuck out their neck for you and gave you a shot well before anybody else would. It's why Shaka could be there for life and why Archie could stay at Dayton.

Ding ding ding. And they both could win it all in the next few years if they stay put.

Concur. Smart made some comments about K's comments before the NCAA. I actually thought Smart might like our position so he could stick it to Duke.

He can stick it to Dook better at VCU than at LOWF.

Ding ding ding. And they both could win it all in the next few years if they stay put.

That's pretty unlikely. More likely that each has made their one final four at a mid-major.

That's pretty unlikely. More likely that each has made their one final four at a mid-major.

Agreed. VCU and Dayton probably max out as Sweet 16 teams realistically going forward if both guys stick around.

Back