• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Latest From Country Dan

I golf with a number of old guard DC donors and they like Amaker. Now, after telling them that isn't exactly swinging for the fences, it might be possible that the big money donors have an entirely different opinion of what would make Shaka "settling." Just saying.

Did you remind them of Amaker's stints at Michigan and Seton Hall?

This is just ridiculous.

It is called sarcasm.

It is silly to think someone's dream is just stick it to Dook and NC. Any coach is just thinking about winning nets and rings, not just beating Roy and K.

It is called sarcasm.

It is silly to think someone's dream is just stick it to Dook and NC. Any coach is just thinking about winning nets and rings, not just beating Roy and K.

Another aspect of LOWF I hate is the "as long as you beat UNC/Duke I'm fine" mentality.

Been out all day. Any updates on the search? Reader's Digest version will be greatly appreciated.

My guess is things will start leaking tomorrow night into Monday morning

Are you aware of what is going to leak? If you know that things are going to start leaking tomorrow night or Monday why aren't they leaking now?

ETA: I guess the answer to my question is that the leaks are already there. Shaka is considering the offer. Decision time comes at the end of the weekend, so answers leak then as well?

Last edited:
Are you aware of what is going to leak? If you know that things are going to start leaking tomorrow night or Monday why aren't they leaking now?

Because Smart was given the weekend to consider our offer. We could start hearing things tomorrow evening/Monday morning.

I personally am reading the Amaker announcement as a sign that he got word that Wake wasn't interested anymore.

I am not sure why we would remove our interest before the position is filled.

I like how the articles act like he was a top candidate and now wake is screwed

Looks like Miller could also be in the picture by 9 tonight.

Because Smart was given the weekend to consider our offer. We could start hearing things tomorrow evening/Monday morning.

I personally am reading the Amaker announcement as a sign that he got word that Wake wasn't interested anymore.

Great point on Amaker

We get the sense that RW is swinging a big dick this time. Let's hope this turns out to be accurate.

well, I'll bet he's got a teeny weeny little weenie and I'll bet that Bz has had it up his butt. How else do you explain his devotion to that incompetent POS? Someone needs to research this. Breakback Mountain, folks. Breakback mountain.

If that's true, it must mean we like our chances with the upper tier candidates.

We were warned. We're going to get somebody that the Wake brass think is a home run hire. Given how out of touch they are, there's a risk it's someone who is well past their prime and not that attractive to the hardcore fans.

I'm assuming it would have to be a Phil Jackson

WTF is ajerseyguy.com and why should we believe him?
Cone on, BC blogger guy, you're better than that.

Back